• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Cardinals will repeat thread

TheReff

Rod Griffin
Reaction score
Hopefully we won't need the Braves to choke in September and we get to the World Series with the strong pitching of Carpenter & Wainwright. Plus the hitting of Berkman, Holliday, Freese asnd the gret defense of Furcal & Molina

Too soon?

Nah, just hopeful. With huge strength in the pitching, it will be interesting to see how things turn out with a new manager & new pitching coach, along with Albert gone.

No La Russa, No Pujols, No repeat.

Certainly wouldn't count them out with the pitching staff and some of their hitters. But i've seen people talking about how the Cards will be better without possibly the best hitter ever and one of the best managers ever and i'm just not buying that. Still will be a solid squad though.

If the Cardinals were in the East, they wouldn't even make the playoffs IMO.

If the Cardinals were in the East, they wouldn't even make the playoffs IMO.

All the Cards need to do is win ~85 games and get into the playoffs. The proved last season that they can then just ride their pitching to a title. Its not unthinkable, although I do think the Reds will take the Central this season.

Back