• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake's Whitlock on SI's Annual 2-Star Team

EatLeadCommie

Tommy Elrod
Reaction score
Andy Staples drew up a 2-Stars (or less) All-Star Team for CFB and Nikita made the cut...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...20/all-two-star-team/index.html#ixzz1n2p23llh

DT Nikita Whitlock, Jr., Wake Forest (Two stars in Class of 2009): Whitlock is listed at 5-11, which means he's probably even shorter. Schools shied away from Whitlock because of his height, which is to be expected. While a too-tall nose guard presents his own set of issues, a 5-11 one probably can't carry enough weight to be effective. Wake Forest was Whitlock's only FBS offer, and that came at the 11th hour. "The reason I came to Wake was because it was either Wake or Iraq," Whitlock told the Winston-Salem Journal. He's serious. Whitlock told the paper that he had already spoken to an Army recruiter. If Wake coaches hadn't offered, Whitlock would have enlisted. Instead, Whitlock stunned coaches and opponents by dominating at 260 pounds. In 2011, he led the Demon Deacons in tackles for loss with 14.

Love Nikita, but that article makes it sound like Wake was the better of two bad choices.

I think it is pretty cool that Nikita was ready to go serve his country if the scholarship hadn't come through. Speaks a lot about his character.

Pretty sure he's wanting/going into the Navy Seals after his time at WF, so that comment isn't really surprising. He's a badass in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he's wanting/going into the Navy Seals after his time at WF, so that comment isn't really surprising. He's a badass in every sense of the word.

He would make an awesome Navy Seal.

you don't just go into the Navy Seals after college, but I get what you are saying.

Love Nikita, but that article makes it sound like Wake was the better of two bad choices.

If the choice is [Redacted] or Iraq, I say choose Iraq.

Last edited:
what is it like 3% of every Navy Seal training class actually become Navy Seals?

Yea that's probably about right, there training is intense. I know I certainly wouldn't be the person to tell Nikita he can't do it if he wants to haha.

Back