• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Thompson who broke back vs. Wake

stonevilleicetea

Reaction score
Not sure if you remember FSU rb, Chris Thompson who broke his back during the first half of FSU game this year. He has made a good recovery and is expected to participate in spring practice.

I know nothing about medicine but is that normal?

Good to hear. That was a really scary injury.

Greg Jennings can score a touchdown with a broken leg.

HARDEST HITTING SAFETY IN DA LEEEEEEEEEEEEAGUE

broken back is a very generic term that can mean different things to different people. It's rarely quite as severe as what everyone seems to think. It's not like everyone that hurts their back or "breaks" it has a spinal cord injury or whatever.

broken back is a very generic term that can mean different things to different people. It's rarely quite as severe as what everyone seems to think. It's not like everyone that hurts their back or "breaks" it has a spinal cord injury or whatever.

Gotcha. I've heard that with respect to legs and arms as they said today that EJ Manuel played the bowl game with a broken leg (fibula). However, wasn't sure about the back. It was a really scary moment in that game.

Very good to hear, really felt bad for him when it happened. Glad he's doing well!!!

vYV9gdJlCzftVB4XP8h4YXgNIdiYSSOW_pqVZnIYrDczKx-97CEN2ME4nEAyExO_j9E=w705

Too soon?

But seriously glad that kid's ok, didn't look that bad when it happened but a broken back is no joke...ask Johnny Knox:

Gotcha. I've heard that with respect to legs and arms as they said today that EJ Manuel played the bowl game with a broken leg (fibula). However, wasn't sure about the back. It was a really scary moment in that game.

It all depends on the location of the break.

your example about a "broken leg" makes that point further.

Your fibula (outer lower leg bone) supports ~ 10% of your body weight and is essentially non-essential (we harvest them and implant them into the mandible for reconstruction about 2-3 times per month). Having a hair line fracture of your fibula and doing something athletic is impressive but not superhuman.

Now if you have a fracture of your tibia or femur, that's the real stuff and there's no way you play on that.

Just funny terms that announcers use to sound impressive, but the terms are too generic to mean much.

Last edited:
What did Leftwich break when he had to be carried down the field?

The girlfriend of Tony Woods seemed to recover quickly from her broken back

What was very surprising was he was sitting upright when he was taken off the field. No stretcher. No board. Just sitting on the back of the cart. I thought he broke his collar bone or dislocated a shoulder or, even more obvious, had a concussion.

What did Leftwich break when he had to be carried down the field?

Yeh That was incredible. I know Tebow played in high school with broken leg and I'm thinking it was probably same bone as EJ broke. It couldn't have been too bad cause he wasn't really hobbling around too much.

Back