• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WGC Accenture Match Play Championship

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Bill and Webb are in the bottom half of the same bracket so if they win two matches a piece they will meet in the Sweet 16.

Haas gets Ishikawa tomorrow and then the winner of Rose-Lawrie if he advances. Webb gets M Manassero and then Quiros-Laird if he advances. This should be a fun one.

Westwood is the one seed in the bracket and Tiger is the 5 seed. Webb is a 2 and Haas is a 3.

by far my favorite tournament outside of the majors

assuming they both advance in first round, i like the winner of tiger/watney to advance to semi finals, and maybe win the whole thing.

btt! Should be a great tourney. I love the match play format! I guess Tiger had a decent RPI to get him off the bubble.

The Snead bracket is wide open. Bill's chances will likely depend on how much he has left in the tank. Webb will be tough to beat.

The trouble with the match play tourney is Wed-Thu is more interesting than Sunday because there is so little action to televise in the final. But this is definitely the best Wed in the golf calendar.

Looking at some potential 1st round upsets, the ones I see are:
Stanley over Choi
Rock over Scott
Byrd over Kuchar
Yang over McDowell
Na over Stricker
Ogilvy over Bradley
Colsaerts over Westwood
Lawrie over Rose
Ishikawa over Bill :(

Thought about that, but DJ is playing very well right about now. Wouldn't surprise me if he won the thing if he can can some putts.

Yeah, could see him losing today or winning it all...never really know with him.

He's never made it past Wednesday in 3 tries.

I don't think DJ has the short game to win a 5-day match play event.

I just don't think he has the imagination or touch around the greens. He can putt well, but his game inside 100 yards is very weak for a pro.

Bill wins 2 straight to take a 1-up lead over Ryo.

I don't think DJ has the short game to win a 5-day match play event.

I agree. He needs some major work and it is difficult to get that under the pressure of actually playing, esp. match play. I think he is finished today...he got a tough draw.

DJ down 3 after 5. Bad start for DJ.

I keep checking the match play score updates and the Huguely jury updates on my toolbar and am not getting a ton of work done.

The trouble with the match play tourney is Wed-Thu is more interesting than Sunday because there is so little action to televise in the final. But this is definitely the best Wed in the golf calendar.

Looking at some potential 1st round upsets, the ones I see are:
Stanley over Choi
Rock over Scott
Byrd over Kuchar

Yang over McDowell
Na over Stricker
Ogilvy over Bradley

Colsaerts over Westwood
Lawrie over Rose
Ishikawa over Bill :(

Gotta disagree with you on the bolded ones. Not making a prediction on Haas.

Edit: Hadn't even realized this already started early this morning. Been a busy workday thus far.

Last edited:
Back