• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nuggets fans noticed same thing about Buzz...

ironwill24

Reaction score
I was doing some searching today to try to find some evidence that other fans saw some good attributes of Buzz as a coach, and I found and interesting thread in an NBA forum after Bzz was fired as Nuggets coach. Basically the fans were saying that the players quit on him and stopped playing with effort. Sound familiar?

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-forum/132649-jeff-[Redacted]-fired-3.html

This quote midway down the thread is very telling...

"The team quit on him in two of the last 5 games. [Redacted] lost this team at the beginning of the year and he didn't develop Rodney White or Skita for the last two years."

I was doing some searching today to try to find some evidence that other fans saw some good attributes of Buzz as a coach, and I found and interesting thread in an NBA forum after Bzz was fired as Nuggets coach. Basically the fans were saying that the players quit on him and stopped playing with effort. Sound familiar?

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-forum/132649-jeff-[Redacted]-fired-3.html

I find that hard to believe.

NBA players on a losing team mailed in a performance twice within five games? Really? that is AMAZING

Wait, Bzz couldn't develop Rodney White? He must not do well with stoned lottery picks who wash out of the NBA in only three years.

The outlook I have on basketball is totally different from where he's thinking," said Anthony, as the 6-foot-8 forward dressed for a game against the Lakers, still chafing 24 hours after airing differences in a private conversation with [Redacted].

"We don't have the best players in the league," [Redacted] says. "So we have to go all out every night. We give effort. Endless, relentless effort."

I think you have the wrong quote.
"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him.
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

The outlook I have on basketball is totally different from where he's thinking," said Anthony, as the 6-foot-8 forward dressed for a game against the Lakers, still chafing 24 hours after airing differences in a private conversation with [Redacted].

Not true.

“Coach Bzedlik was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him." Carmelo Freaking Anthony

Edit: Dammit, Haased

Seriously, and also george karl sucks too:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3949561

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Carmelo Anthony's checkered reputation took another hit.

The two-time Olympian served a one-game suspension Tuesday night handed down by the Denver Nuggets because coach George Karl tried to put him on the bench and he refused.

"In my mind, that crossed the line," Karl said.

Anthony wasn't with the Nuggets when they played on the road against the Detroit Pistons on Tuesday.

"I saw him yesterday. I didn't see him today," Karl said before the Nuggets' 100-95 loss. "I'll spend some time with him tomorrow. I think he's traveling with the team. I heard he was going to be on the plane."

Denver's next game is Thursday night at home against the Portland Trail Blazers.

The Nuggets had said they suspended Anthony for an "in-game transgression" Sunday against Indiana, declining to provide details of what he did.

During a timeout against the Pacers, though, Karl said Anthony became the first player in his two-plus decades as a coach to stay on the court after being told he was being taken out of the game.

"There's a thin line between passion and an aggressive want to be on the court and emotional immaturity," Karl said. "It happens all the time. Coaches snap and act like an idiot on the sideline because of the emotional stress of the game.

"Our mantra and mission statement from the beginning of the season [was] to be more disciplined, to be more professional and to do things the right way."

Karl, though, wishes Anthony didn't merit a suspension.

"It's not what I want," Karl said.

An e-mail seeking comment was sent to Anthony's agent, Calvin Andrews.

As productive as Anthony has been since the Nuggets drafted him No. 3 overall in 2003, his behavior has often been a problem.

Nearly five years ago, he apologized to his teammates for refusing to play in the final minutes of a loss on the road against the Pistons.

The Nuggets suspended him for the first two games of this season, punishing him for getting arrested for drunken driving last spring while they were pushing for a playoff berth.

He was suspended for 15 games in the 2006-07 season for his involvement in the Nuggets' brawl with the New York Knicks when he landed a punch and ran away.

Wait wait wait, WTF is this:

Carmelo Anthony didn't exactly say he was trying to get Denver coach Jeff [Redacted] fired, though it didn't help after a big loss to Seattle in which he played poorly again and said: "I think the game plan was . . . I don't know what the game plan was, to be honest with you. Once coach made substitutions at the end, with like five or six minutes left, I knew we gave up as a team." Anthony was singing to himself in the locker room after the game: "Nobody likes me. But that's OK."

Said [Redacted] when asked about changes he might be considering: "I considered a lot of things. I was up at the 23rd floor at a Utah hotel, Grand America, and I was looking down and there was a swimming pool down there. And I thought about, could I make it? I couldn't get the door open."

It's never his fault
It's never his fauullltttt
Jeffrey [Redacted], IT'S NEVER HIS FAULT

This quote midway down the thread is very telling...

"The team quit on him in two of the last 5 games. [Redacted] lost this team at the beginning of the year and he didn't develop Rodney White or Skita for the last two years."

Not sure this quote is telling at all. Neither player did much in any setting to prove their value to an NBA franchise and subsequently fell out of the league. Skita has figured out that he's a professional since going back to Europe, but White never quite did...*

Come on, people. This is grasping for straws. All of the evidence you need is on display, in the present, on a nightly basis.

*and HeavyPetter pointed out why that was the case...

Last edited:
"He was aight...I got to play lot, averaged career highs under Buzzz but goddam that motherfucker had some horrendous ties. We used to try and take him shopping but Bz always said his ties made his motherfucking grandma happy so what could we do?"

- Kenyon Martin

Back