• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Stuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Good job, mate!

Haha that was the line that stood out to me when I watched it the other day. Reminded me of my dad, he does the same thing when talking to non Americans. Starts speaking English but with their accent. Haha it kills me

Haha that was the line that stood out to me when I watched it the other day. Reminded me of my dad, he does the same thing when talking to non Americans. Starts speaking English but with their accent. Haha it kills me

My dad does the same thing. Hilarious

Ah yes, that's Matthew Doyle. Follow him on twitter @MLS_Analyst. He's always saying some really good stuff about the USMNT and MLS.

He's also the one that really thinks Geoff Cameron could play CB. I generally trust his opinion.

Yeah, I follow him on Twitter - that's where I found this. He generally shares some pretty good stuff, I agree.

Donovan - Pretty poor for him. He pressured well defensively in the first half. When he got the ball, nothing really happened. His corners were off the mark for the most part. Too long or not beating the first man. I really just don't see him as an influential player on this team. He's brilliant at times, but not consistent enough. This was his worst showing in a while for the USMNT.

Really? I find it really hard to believe that he could go from our best player (or at the least our best field player) to not even being influential.

Really? I find it really hard to believe that he could go from our best player (or at the least our best field player) to not even being influential.

Yeah I have no idea what he meant by that

It's ok that I point out that we only beat a shitty Canadian team 2-0 and that was because Howard pulled some huge saves out his hat and the Canadian keeper allowed one of the softest goals I've ever seen, right?

I'd give the entire team (sans Howard) a 2. That was shameful. And we're going to buttwaxed by Mexico and I'm already sick thinking of it. This team looks dead on it's feet, and the coaching staff has run it's course. Something needs to be done to shake this up dramatically.

Speaking of the Canadian keeper (Lars Hirshfeld), he plays for Vålerenga IF here in Oslo. My brother-in-law is a huge VIF fan, so I decided to send him the highlights from the game last night and said that Lars looked awful.

His reply:
I agree. Maybe he wants to go home to us quicker.

Which goal call was worse? The delayed reaction on the Altidore goal followed by the ridiculous catch phrases, or the ridiculous blathering noises when Deuce scored?

Worst.Play.By.Play.Guy.Ever

Which goal call was worse? The delayed reaction on the Altidore goal followed by the ridiculous catch phrases, or the ridiculous blathering noises when Deuce scored?

Worst.Play.By.Play.Guy.Ever

Wait. I didn't see the game. Is that seriously the main, normal pbp guy they used? Or is that some amateur feed?

It's ok that I point out that we only beat a shitty Canadian team 2-0 and that was because Howard pulled some huge saves out his hat and the Canadian keeper allowed one of the softest goals I've ever seen, right?

I'd give the entire team (sans Howard) a 2. That was shameful. And we're going to buttwaxed by Mexico and I'm already sick thinking of it. This team looks dead on it's feet, and the coaching staff has run it's course. Something needs to be done to shake this up dramatically.

It's wrong, but I kinda want it to go badly just to see what they'll do w/ Bucket Bob.

Back