• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

not as long as Cuba parks the bus. this game blows.

edit: nvm. Chichagol

Last edited:
Seriously not cool watching Mexico pile drive these teams with young electric forwards and creative players while we don't have a single good striker and Dempsey is our only creative attacking player. Oh and we look like shit against even Canada who's not too much better than Cuba and El Salvador. Neg rep away for complimenting Mexico if you must

Seriously not cool watching Mexico pile drive these teams with young electric forwards and creative players while we don't have a single good striker and Dempsey is our only creative attacking player. Oh and we look like shit against even Canada who's not too much better than Cuba and El Salvador. Neg rep away for complimenting Mexico if you must

Only xenophobic idiots would do that. Everything you said it completely true.

I only NGArep people who celebrate El Tri. Nothing wrong with assessing them.

The crowd at BOA was electric tonight. Great atmosphere. Had a blast...and Chicharito should have had another one - missed a sitter. Hard to judge how good they are because Cuba is possibly the worst team I've ever seen...but man, I can't remember the last time we (the US) scored 5 goals.

The crowd at BOA was electric tonight. Great atmosphere. Had a blast...and Chicharito should have had another one - missed a sitter. Hard to judge how good they are because Cuba is possibly the worst team I've ever seen...but man, I can't remember the last time we (the US) scored 5 goals.

We beat the hell out of Cuba in WCQs. We must have scored 5 that match. I'm pretty sure we put up 6 or 7 against Barbados as well.

Was the crowd all Mexico supporters or were there a fair number of impartial fans as well?

Mostly Mexico supporters, Husky. Decent number of El Salvador and Costa Rica fans, but dominated by supporters of El Tri. Average Joes, like me, without a dog in the fight? A good number. I'm guessing BOA had about 45K-50K there?

I have a good friend who is the lead graphic designer for Sporting KC, last night was a huge night for him and the club - and really US soccer in general. Kansas City is a big soccer city, and Livestrong Park is probably the nicest SSS in the US now. Just a tremendous facility.

BELGIUM!

EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS 2016

What's up with the Belgium love? I mean, they don't speak English. They aren't on a silly little island off the coast of mainland Europe. Hell, their flag isn't even red and white.

I love their players. It's similar to my love for Serbia, Japan, and Slovakia (really only Ham-SICK! but Weiss is sick too)

I love their players. It's similar to my love for Serbia, Japan, and Slovakia (really only Ham-SICK! but Weiss is sick too)

Please tell me you don't have an irrational love for Norway too. Norwegian national team matches are brutal to watch (and shockingly were even more so before they rehired drillo).

Just loved 20LEGEND and BIG Tor Andre Flo. Don't really care for any of the Scandinavian teams.

Back