• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

GK: Yashin

I've got a bauce photo of myself with the Yashin statue outside of Dinamo Stadium in Moscow. That guy basically invented the entire concept of goal keeping as it's played now. Just a monster.

And he wore a completely black kit. Badass.

15846-1.jpg

Sucks for them that their two best players by far both aren't playing in the tournament. Doubt it would make a difference in the ultimate result, but having Joseph and Roberts would certainly help to make things more competitive.

Jermaine Beckford was considering playing for them this past spring as well. They wouldn't be terrible with those three starting, but I don't think it's enough.

Me and Doofus are down for anywhere, we were probably gonna go grab some dinner and play that trivia game at BWW's on Hanes Mall around 5-6. Depending on who else was interested we were potentially gonna just stay there for the game.

2-0 Go Go USA...

Goals by Agudelo and Dempsey.

Missing the game for lilsiff's high school graduation...have fun, folks. Get it done, USA

2-0 Go Go USA...

Goals by Agudelo and Dempsey.

Missing the game for lilsiff's high school graduation...have fun, folks. Get it done, USA

You really need to get your priorities straight.

I'm missing it to sleep. Stupid time zones.

Aight me and Doofus'll be at BWW's tonight (on Hanes Mall) for the game.

We'll be the twins that are up in the bar area and I'll probably have a Bobcats shirt on. We'll grab a table up there in case anyone else is interested in coming.

USAAAA

Oh and 2-1 USA with Panama up 1-0 at halftime before two late goals by Deuce and Agudelo is my prediction

Well we won't have to worry about Guadeloupe's starting striker in our 3rd match. Red card 3 minutes in on a lunging two footed tackle.

Actually after seeing the replay, it wasn't two footed. Very weird tackle though. Deserved red.

Back