• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Are we playing a trap or something?

No one is worried about getting back and are just letting their forwards get behind us.

But it's not even close

This is as bad as I've seen Michael Bradley play in a very long time ... he's not closing anyone down, and he's adding nothing to the attack. He's a complete non-factor in the center of the park.

anybody got any ideas? who in the hell do we throw out there?

I think we need to take Jozy off, but what do I know...

What's the plan here? It looks like no one knows what they are supposed to do or where they are supposed to be. What to do when you lose it, what to do when you win it -- nothing, it's just a free for all. Jesus Christ.

Watching this game makes me very glad I sold my Gold Cup final tickets. I would rather eat turds than be in the Rose Bowl with 60,000 Mexicans celebrating kicking our ass (that's if we even by some stroke of massive luck make it that far).

My friends already bought their semifinal tickets for the match in Houston. I'm not really sure I want to do that yet. Ugh.

anybody got any ideas? who in the hell do we throw out there?

I think we need to take Jozy off, but what do I know...

Jones, Agudelo off
Bedoya, Edu on

Go 4-2-3-1

same back 4
Bradley (not Jones, my B) - Edu holding and each attack one supports attack and one stays back to protect back 4
Donovan, Dempsey, Bedoya
Jozy -- and tell this big oaf that his job is to hold the ball and distribute to the A-mids coming onto him. NOT TO TURN WITH THE BALL HIMSELF

Last edited:
dude sit Agudelo and Ream

Lichaj out left
Boca to the middle
Bedoya on in the Feilhaber role

time for a patented Bunker Bob second half 4-5-1

Bradley and Jones have no idea how to play with each other, are just not following directions, or the directions they have received are horrible.

We get the ball, everyone goes forward, a couple of seconds pass, one of the four dudes standing on the edge of the 18 then decides maybe someone should give the guy with the ball an option and kind of half heartedly checks back, then tries to take entire defense on.

dude sit Agudelo and Ream

Lichaj out left
Boca to the middle
Bedoya on in the Feilhaber role

time for a patented Bunker Bob second half 4-5-1

Can't worry about subbing a defender when down 2 goals, IMO

Doesn't do anything to get you back into the match.

Bradley and Jones have no idea how to play with each other, are just not following directions, or the directions they have received are horrible.

We get the ball, everyone goes forward, a couple of seconds pass, one of the four dudes standing on the edge of the 18 then decides maybe someone should give the guy with the ball an option and kind of half heartedly checks back, then tries to take entire defense on.

SPOT the fuck ON

LOL Wynalda, I wasn't a big fan early on of his commentating but at least he will tell it like it is.

Can't worry about subbing a defender when down 2 goals, IMO

Doesn't do anything to get you back into the match.

I'd normally agree but Boca provides nothing in the attack. We need a LB who will play up the wing.

Oh and since Ream should do the honorable thing and kill himself at halftime we're gonna need some at CB.

Back