• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Jones, Agudelo off
Bedoya, Edu on

Go 4-2-3-1

same back 4
Jones - Edu holding and each attack one supports attack and one stays back to protect back 4
Donovan, Dempsey, Bedoya
Jozy -- and tell this big oaf that his job is to hold the ball and distribute to the A-mids coming onto him. NOT TO TURN WITH THE BALL HIMSELF

I like this, but if my memory serves we generally fail miserably every time we try a 4-2-3-1. It's sad.

And it's hilarious watching an MLS game right now and seeing Brad Davis whip in quality ball after ball.

There are quality American players that we seem to refuse to call up because they're 27 or 28 years old. Instead we get this Ream/Agudelo/Altidore crap. I understand that we want to plan for the future and all, but the Gold Cup isn't an exhibition. These games do matter.

I do like they just decided to do away with a studio middle man and handed the reins to Wynalda.

LOL Wynalda, I wasn't a big fan early on of his commentating but at least he will tell it like it is.

I love Wynalda because he doesn't pull any punches. I might not always agree with him, but he doesn't go out there just to kiss people's asses. I respect that.

I bet we dont see a damn sub until the 60th. please be wrong, please be wrong, please be wrong....

If(when?) we lose, can we still advance? Does this affect World Cup Qualifying?

We'll advance if we draw Guadalupe I'd bet via the two third place teams going through.

I bet US comes back to tie this one at 2

Back