• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Fuck this. I want our fucking canal back. Let's go get that shit. I think just us soccer posters could reclaim that shit.

Have thought for many years about several things....

1) US didn't have enough "talent" in attack ...Actually think that's generally fixed now. Dempsey, Altidore, Donovan, even Agudelo have enough "talent".

2) US has always lacked quality at the center back position going back to lalas and before......it is still a big problem.

3) But the biggest need is coaching a more sophisticated, mature style of play, and until we get that, we will never be a top 10 int'l side no matter who the players are. Teams that win int'l soccer have "ideas". We basically never do. We win because of effort or athleticism, but generally never great soccer. I can't believe how many times in attack tonite the player with the ball had to wait for somebody to make anything other than a thru ball run or nobody moving. Stupid

After some reflection I don't know if I've seen a more comical penalty than Ream gave up in quite some time. He overswung trying to clear the fricking ball from the FUCKING corner of the box

After some reflection I don't know if I've seen a more comical penalty than Ream gave up in quite some time. He overswung trying to clear the fricking ball from the FUCKING corner of the box

Yea. It was pretty terrible. He was NOWHERE close to the ball, in the corner of the box, and just hacks the dudes legs down. Lolbad.

LOL...left that link open that someone posted earlier, and whoever is controlling it switched it to showtime...

And some tiny little white girl just offered to fuck 50 Cent for drugs....

lol

USA loses to Panama for 1st time ever (now 6-1-2) & loses in Gold Cup Group Stage for 1st time ever (now 24-1-2).

Time to put those two "accomplishments" on your CV, Bob. You are fucking miserable.

(I really hope sd3 comes back tonight and just blasts him in a drunken rage.)

USA loses to Panama for 1st time ever (now 6-1-2) & loses in Gold Cup Group Stage for 1st time ever (now 24-1-2).

Time to put those two "accomplishments" on your CV, Bob. You are fucking miserable.

Same. We'll truly know that Bob has reached the bottom if/when sd3 forsakes him.

Come on, sd3. Judas that shit.

130200424514.jpg

GTFO Bob how dp you sub out Goodson and not bring in Edu as the midfield sub.

1. Donovan has no balls
2. Bob is clueless
3. Who's your father? Whose your faher? Who's your father refferee? Who's that no one? You're a bastard, you're a bastard, referee.
4. Ream sucks
5. Smokebombs are awesome

GTFO Bob how dp you sub out Goodson and not bring in Edu as the midfield sub.

1. Donovan has no balls
2. Bob is clueless
3. Who's your father? Whose your faher? Who's your father refferee? Who's that no one? You're a bastard, you're a bastard, referee.
4. Ream sucks
5. Smokebombs are awesome

YES, YES, GOD YES

in fairness to Sasha, thought he did pretty well when he came on. at least showed effort (hi Landon)

Back