• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Brother just told me we lost. I was going to watch the game later today I couldn't last night. He said the reffing was supposedly really bad, but we should be beating Panama so badly even a ref on the take shouldn't matter.

I had a feeling we'd lose, weird. Bradley's gotta go

Brother just told me we lost. I was going to watch the game later today I couldn't last night. He said the reffing was supposedly really bad, but we should be beating Panama so badly even a ref on the take shouldn't matter.

I had a feeling we'd lose, weird. Bradley's gotta go

There were some poor calls, but they didn't affect the outcome of the match at all. We mostly agreed here that the card to Bedoya for diving was the correct one.

The reffing was just annoying. The tactics, desire, and play of our team were criminal.

60 minutes in. We kind of remind me of Argentina in the World Cup with Maradona (except with way crappier players). Crap midfield that doesn't make sense and link up with the attack, crap defense, crap coach who doesn't know anything about tactics, etc. Our offense consists of watching Dempsey try to do something magical like they did with Messi. Of course Argentina has unbelievable strikers that could pick up the scraps, which our strikers can't even do against the likes of Panama.

Dempsey is so much better than Donovan now. Guess that's what happens when one player challenges himself overseas and one guy is a pussy in LA

England U21 XI: Fielding, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Bertrand, Cleverley, Henderson, Mancienne, Rose, Welbeck, Sturridge

Spain U21 XI: De Gea, Montoya, Botia, Dominguez, Didac, Thiago, Javi Martinez, Ander, Mata, Adrian, Jeffren

Really looking forward to this one. On espn3

England U21 XI: Fielding, Walker, Smalling, Jones, Bertrand, Cleverley, Henderson, Mancienne, Rose, Welbeck, Sturridge

Spain U21 XI: De Gea, Montoya, Botia, Dominguez, Didac, Thiago, Javi Martinez, Ander, Mata, Adrian, Jeffren

Really looking forward to this one. On espn3

What time?

Are there no words to the Spanish national anthem? Not a single player sang to it!

Macienne and Rose completely lost Martinez and Herrera. Awful marking.

And Chris Smalling just saved Kyle Walker's ass after the former was easily beaten out wide.

my woman made me a huge cake made in the shape of and decorated as the Barca logo. soulmates

Very good run by Kyle Walker. Tricked Thiago into a stupid challenge and he is booked. On replay it looks like minimal contact. I hope Walker introduced himself to Thiago before the match either way.

hi, guy that gets playing time for one of the greatest sides of all time, i start for a mid-table club

Great ball by Cleverley after he and Welbeck combined well. Rose was standing offside and whiffed the ball wide anyway.

Excited about Cleverley for next season, hope he gets a good number of games.

Back