• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Is Munian playing for the u-21? another Athletic stud. Both him and Bojan are miles better than Adrian

Henderson was fine that half.

Those kinds of comparisons are stupid; it's like saying, If Phil Jones is worth 20 million pounds, how much would an English Pique be worth?

Compare this: Ander Herrera has just been sold for £7.5m and Bolton offered £5m for Thiago last week.
Henderson at £20m?

Ouch.

"HOWEVER, replays do indeed show that Ander Herrara may well have punched the ball into the net for his goal."

replays clearly show the ball may have possibly had a chance of touching his hand

henrywinter Henry Winter
btw #eng camp don't think Herrera's goal was handball, despite those replays.

Henderson was fine that half.

Those kinds of comparisons are stupid; it's like saying, If Phil Jones is worth 20 million pounds, how much would an English Pique be worth?

Henderson was run silly by Javi Martinez in the 1st half, and is again being toyed with here in the 2nd half. They are matched up against each other in the center of midfield.

The comparison is more than fair.

Rose is just so SHIT. He is God damn awful.

Spurs at least have a good player in Walker. He will be their main RB next season, right? Should be at least.

If he handballed it, I think it went off his hand then right back onto his head. Not a punch into the goal, not that it makes a difference

Run silly? It's not like Spain has had chance after chance and is peppering the goal. They have met a couple of times, but they are both playing deeper and haven't matched up all that often; Wellbeck has been tracking back to mark Martinez.

There has been some shaky play on both sides. Smalling and Walker have been really good. Of the other shaky players, Jones and Henderson are not even close to the worst offenders.

True. The two worst offenders just got subbed off. Rose and Mancienne have been dreadful.

Cleverley moved to the left. Nonsense. GET HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK.

I don't think Mancienne is that good at all to begin with.

I would definitely rather see Muniain and Bojan instead of Jeffren and Adrian.

:laugh:

BeardedGenius Noz
Michael Mancienne doesn't look like a natural midfielder to me. He looks like a single mother struggling to make ends meet...

OptaJoe Opta Sports
18 - 18 of Mancienne's 25 passes were played to his defenders or goalkeeper. Unambitious.

:rulz:

DANNY WELBECK!!!

Where in the hell did that goal come from!?!?! Great work by Walker!

Back