• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Good Lord. Mexico so far: 3 victories, 0 losses, 14 goals for, 1 goal against.

Will make it even funnier when we beat them in the final

I'm thinking like 30 shots to 3 and 80% possession for Mexico and we pull it out and everyone pretends like everything is great and A ok like the Confed Cup after luckily (incredibly awesome but still a bit lucky) beating Spain

Sorry for being negative, our team is kind of depressing at the moment

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking about that earlier. I'd almost us rather lose in the quarters to Honduras or Jamaica or someone if it brings about change. We aren't going anywhere right now.

BBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEELLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Insider had an article today saying Sunil was reported to have talked to him about a non-managing role. Certainly would be a better choice than Quieroz who we've been linked to a ton in the past.

But who am I kidding, Bobbo will pull off his best Al Groh the rest of the tournament and hang on to the gig

Insider had an article today saying Sunil was reported to have talked to him about a non-managing role. Certainly would be a better choice than Quieroz who we've been linked to a ton in the past.

But who am I kidding, Bobbo will pull off his best Al Groh the rest of the tournament and hang on to the gig

Ain't that the truth

So who's everyone pulling for tonight. I'd like to see Honduras and Guatemala win, putting Guatemala in 3rd, hopefully ahead of El Salvador on GD.

Then a Canada and US win tomorrow with Panama finishing in 3rd on GD.

You what is the most frustrating thing about the US team right now?

We're a huge country with a ton of money poured into the sport and a ton of children playing it. How on earth have we not gotten lucky and popped out at least one true superstar, ever? I mean countries like Cote d'Ivoire (Drogba), Liberia (Weah), Cameroon (Eto'o), Ghana (Essien) and the like have managed to hit the lottery at least once with a great talent and they are far smaller and far poorer and with far less coaching and support. And that's not covering small countries that manage to get solid talents out every once in a while - Alexander Frei would be the best player in US history, and he's from a country that only cares about soccer when you can't possibly ski anymore. Same with Edin Dzeko, because we know Bosnia was a great place to develop. Wilson Palacios would be the best CM in US history by a country mile, and he didn't leave Honduras until he was 24. Honfreakingduras.

In the entire history of United States soccer we've produced exactly two players good enough to start for a major club team (Tim Howard and Giuseppi Rossi) and one of them decided to play for another nation. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Aguila and Pappa with goals in the first 25 minutes. One more and Guatemala is through.

This Honduras Jamaica game is one of the better games of the first round. Honduras lost Costly early on in the game but they are still trying to put the pressure on. One of the best crowds too (if you ignore the crap being thrown on the field after a pen was given to Jamiaca), essentially a home game for Honduras.

Jamaica wins. Likey the US will play the regae boys in DC on Sunday. That's assuming Panama pulls points against Canada and the US pulls points against Guadelope.

We win the group, we play Guatemala
We finish second, we play Jamaica
We finish third, we play Mexico at Giants Stadium

Back