• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Yeah I'm in. Have to umpire until 8:15 but since the game is at 9:00EST I'll have no problem meeting y'all somewhere in winston

I'm in for that shit. Should be able to drop Felix off at the parents. Or if we go to Rec I can take him there.

US should win big tomorrow night. Kansas City will be rocking and we'll take care of business. 4-0

Especially in the finals. If he came out and tactically ripped Mexico apart and shut down Chicharito. Hahahaha I love talking stupid

Especially in the finals. If he came out and tactically ripped Mexico apart and shut down Chicharito. Hahahaha I love talking stupid

I'd sign for it. But I can't see that shit happening. I shudder at what Chicharito can do to our CBs. I love that kid, but I don't want him tearing us apart like I know he can do.

I also get the feeling that Sunil won't get rid of Bob no matter what. Fuck a duck.

Our whole supporter section was talking about how Chicharito will rip our backline appart during halftime of the panama match. So at least it won't be a shock.

Chicharito is so good.

I want to praise United's scouting network but then I think about:
Bebe-United-FT.jpg

I'll be watching the game at The Tap because my Tuesday night trivia game is at the same time. We had it on last week and it was a decent atmosphere. Not sure if I can promise sound though.

I'll let numbers doof and dv7 decide. They know more about places in WS than I do

Rec Billiards is usually pretty good for soccer stuff. Not sure how crowded it will be on a Tuesday night.

So I'm an idiot for even looking at soccerbyives but he thinks we should start with Kljestan as an ACM behind Dempsey and Altidore. How can anyone think Kljestan should even play, let alone start? But this is the same guy who had a hard on for Clark and Bornstein, so I suppose it makes sense.

Anyway, I want to see...

Dolo-Gooch-Edu/Boca-Lichaj
Edu/Jones-Bradley/Spector
Donovan-Adu-Dempsey
Jozy

I'd be ok with Bedoya for Adu as well.

Edu should start, either as CB or CM. I'd like Spector to get a chance as well. If we can't beat Guadeloupe without Bradley for a game, we should just bow out now.

I hate Kljestan and can't believe he's even on the team...BUT if i'm to be honest I think he did play pretty well against Panama. Probably because he at least cared and tried hard and Panama really sucks. I'd like to see Adu as well. We're sucking anyway, might as well throw him out there with the first team

Back