• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I hesitate to judge a striker too much on a couple games' performance, but Wondo has been very poor. Missed many chances. And this in addition to Findley, Buddle, etc. Dragging mature strikers out of MLS doesn't seem to be a strategy that works for us. Not to say that it won't ever work, because perhaps someday it will. But it doesn't seem that taking a fine MLS goalscorer and throwing him into a major tournament is a strategy we should pursue going forward.

Still only can play one good half a game with Bob

I'm finally on the Bradley must go bandwagon. The team is just lacking energy and spark right now and I think changing the head coach might solve a lot of the issues.

I still like a lot of our talent and I'm liking what I've seen from the younger guys Jones, Agudelo (even though he didn't play today), Bedoya, etc. But this team is frustrating to watch.

Will be very interesting to see how they come out against Jamaica.

thought Lichaj played well in the first (I only saw from 15' on), but was anonymous in the 2nd.

kind of difficult to really gauge how well the Boca at CB experiment went since 'Lupe sucked majorly.

Worst I've ever seen a team finish.

To all of you going to the game on Sunday, have fun getting to deal with all the Salvadorans that will be there for the late game

Green -- Jermaine Jones is 29 years old. New to the USMNT, but certainly not young.

Oh, and Wondo is a FUCKING WASTE OF SPACE. Somebody kill that piece of shit.

Back