• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

thought Lichaj played well in the first (I only saw from 15' on), but was anonymous in the 2nd.

kind of difficult to really gauge how well the Boca at CB experiment went since 'Lupe sucked majorly.

Worst I've ever seen a team finish.

The problem with Lichaj on the left is he is so heavily right footed. Anytime he's in an advanced position he has no other choice but to cut inside into more traffic. We saw this in the Spain game as well as tonight. Poor boy just doesn't have any semblance of a left foot to cross the ball. I think that he or Chandler will make a great right back for us one day in the future.

As for this team, we're just horribly uninspired to do anything. Did we just think that we could throw out 11 players and everyone else would keel over for us? I know its not fun playing against Carribean nation X or Latin American Nation Y, but come the end of the day you need to get the job done.
Honestly, I would not be shocked if we lost to Jamaica based on our current form.

Jamaica's speed worries the shit out of me. Not literally. That would be gross.

Jamaica's speed worries the shit out of me. Not literally. That would be gross.

This reminds me. While talking about how tightly wound and uncomfortable Bob looks on the sideline (and how uncomfortable his look makes us) with my gf, I realized the look on his face on the sideline and body language is always one of very tightly clenching so as to hold in a massive dump waiting to explode

Lichaj really doesn't have a left foot at all. I hope we can use him next year at Villa on either side but I'm not holding my breath.

As the resident expert on Lichaj (seen him play probably a dozen times, which I can only imagine is more than anyone else) I can definitely say his two faults are playing WAY too high up for a defender, and his inability to send it across or do anything with his left foot.

I've read he's been working on becoming more ambidextrous (footus?) but I've yet to see it, oh and he's a fucking GOAT.

He should be a solid player on the team though when he's used in an LB position and I think he's certainly a threat to start there in 2014.

Anyone else chuckle when the broacaster (forgot who) said we needed to inject more offense by taking out a forward and replacing with a mid? Obv taking Wondo out and replacing him with a second keeper would have created more offense, but I thought it was funny just the same.

Stop mentioning that shitbag, Wondo. Makes my fucking blood boil. He is fucking terrible. Approaching Ching level of hate for that sack of human excrement. Fuck him in the ear.

Stop mentioning that shitbag, Wondo. Makes my fucking blood boil. He is fucking terrible. Approaching Ching level of hate for that sack of human excrement. Fuck him in the ear.

And then you mention the name Ching. For chrissakes...I feel like Sideshow Bob surrounded by 20 rakes on the ground. (anyone?)

3 center mids, Dempsey and Donovan behind the striker with the ability to go out wide or stay narrow, Altidore up top. Not that hard. That Bradley thinks we have to go with 2 out and out strikers every single game is mind boggling when you consider the second striker off Altidore is always completely worthless with the exception of Charlie Davies. Buddle, Ching, Wondo, Agudelo (too young right now), Findley, Gomez. Worthless. Play Dempsey as an out and out striker if you're seriously married to having 2

Tonights game was embarrassing. How many chances could you possibly f up? Bradley should have been let go after the last world cup. I don't know if the players are just tuning him out after hearing him for the past 5 years but talk about uninspired play. Even against Canada, we weren't that impressive. If we meet Mexico in the Gold Cup , I am afraid as to what the game would be like. They have looked dominant in this tourney.

I can't believe that Dempsey didn't just kick that ball in on the open net. Embarrassing.

FUCK THAT. I SCORE THAT SHIT, RUN AROUND, AND THEN DO THE ROBOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GOALKEEPER. 6-0 BITCH. DON'T LIKE IT? THEN DON'T SUCK.

I may be the only person who thought we looked far better tonight? Yes, I know it was Guadaloupe, but they only lost by 1 to Canada and Panama. We absolutely dominated the match. We did give up two bad opportunities, but that's not nearly as bad against a team waiting to counter attack as we have been. Yes, it wasn't good enough to beat a good side, but we almost never play well against shitty opponents. Dempsey had his worst game finishing I've ever seen. He missed 4 absolute sitters and just missed on 2 great shots. If he makes half of those, we're talking about a good result. If he plays like himself on a normal night, we're talking about how fucking awesome we are, a la Mexico.

Donovan was far better tonight. Bradley/Jones played pretty poorly I thought. Way too many errant easy passes. Jozy was solid. His shooting has always been great, but his confidence has been weak at best. Hopefully this gets him going. Wondo can sit for the rest of the tournament. Bedoya was energetic as a sub. A couple great runs that he barely missed on. Sascha actually played well tonight. I still would rather not see him. Spector should always be on before him if we're talking CM. The defense was solid apart from Goodson getting beat on a couple over the top balls. I still think he's a big part of the future back line. Disappointed Bradley didn't go with subs earlier. But that's what happens when you need a result to advance. Bring on Jamaica. Are we definitely the early match?

I may be the only person who thought we looked far better tonight? Yes, I know it was Guadaloupe, but they only lost by 1 to Canada and Panama. We absolutely dominated the match. We did give up two bad opportunities, but that's not nearly as bad against a team waiting to counter attack as we have been. Yes, it wasn't good enough to beat a good side, but we almost never play well against shitty opponents. Dempsey had his worst game finishing I've ever seen. He missed 4 absolute sitters and just missed on 2 great shots. If he makes half of those, we're talking about a good result. If he plays like himself on a normal night, we're talking about how fucking awesome we are, a la Mexico.

Donovan was far better tonight. Bradley/Jones played pretty poorly I thought. Way too many errant easy passes. Jozy was solid. His shooting has always been great, but his confidence has been weak at best. Hopefully this gets him going. Wondo can sit for the rest of the tournament. Bedoya was energetic as a sub. A couple great runs that he barely missed on. Sascha actually played well tonight. I still would rather not see him. Spector should always be on before him if we're talking CM. The defense was solid apart from Goodson getting beat on a couple over the top balls. I still think he's a big part of the future back line. Disappointed Bradley didn't go with subs earlier. But that's what happens when you need a result to advance. Bring on Jamaica. Are we definitely the early match?

It's as definite as possible considering this it's a tournament run by CONCACAF.

I'm guessing you are the only person who liked tonight's performance. Who ever said "uninspired" was right on. As for Donovan, he was about as useless as a box o' hair. In the flow of play he was either standing still or running away from the action. You can see something is wrong with him. He doesn't want the ball. As for Dempsey, as much as we love him and his 'dirty harry" personna, this casual amatuerish crap in front of goal is getting pretty old. If you're a real pro you finish that stuff. period. Wondo, as much as I wanted to see him succeed, couldn't find the ball. Lichaj, as someone said, was painful to watch running around every ball to get to his right. Jones was slow. bradley was clearly tired, and resting. And the back line was still shaky. The only players worth watching were Cherundolo ( who has definitely gained my admiration), and Jozy ( who, in spite of his lapses, as I've said before, still has the potential look of a budding Drogba II to me).

I will be surprised if we advance past Jamaica, and certainly would never pick us against Mexico. This team lacks chemistry, leadership and inspiration at the coaching level, and on the pitch. Very disappointing.

Jozy has the potential of a Drogba II? Jesus Christ, you're a fucking idiot.

Alright Nova we good for Saturday? I wouldn't care ifyou backed out now after seeing how sucky we are just don't bail on me the day of the game :thumbsup: I'll shoot you my phone number if were still good to know

Back