• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Outside of that dreadful free kick... Thiago has run the show. Barca would be insane to get rid of him, IMO. I don't care what player they bring in as part of any exchange. They should not get rid of Thiago.

These two games are the first time I've really paid him a lot of attention and he is silk.

I know they don't really play the same position/role, but I will be not pleased if they sign Downing over Mata. (prepare to be disappointed?)

Spain is playing Mata in the off striker role and he is crushing it there. Kid is quality.

I know they don't really play the same position/role, but I will be not pleased if they sign Downing over Mata. (prepare to be disappointed?)

TonyEvansTimes Tony Evans
Right. If I hear Mata's name again I'll run amok. He plays for a CL team. Why would he leave to go to LFC? Let's be realistic

Oh, WTF. Cleverley dropped. Mancienne and Rose keep their places tho! Makes zero sense. Those two were dreadful against Spain.

EnglandU21s v Ukraine: Fielding, Walker, Bertrand, Smalling, Jones, Mancienne, Henderson, Rodwell, Rose, Welbeck, Sturridge

Stuart Pearce doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

I know the majority of us wants Bobo to go, and I can see why, but I must ask:

If RoboBob was to be sacked, then who replaces him. And dont just throw out a random name that you want. He must be qualified to coach the Nats, he must also want to coach the Nats, he must also want to come here for the price that we offer, which isnt that much. We only fire coach sweats IF were 100% sure that coach XYZ will come when called. So who is it?

OMG. De Gea!! What a save at the end of the game. Point blank header and he somehow kept it out. Class. Sign already, David!

If RoboBob was to be sacked, then who replaces him. And dont just throw out a random name that you want. He must be qualified to coach the Nats, he must also want to coach the Nats, he must also want to come here for the price that we offer, which isnt that much. We only fire coach sweats IF were 100% sure that coach XYZ will come when called. So who is it?

Marcelo Bielsa. Was amazing with Chile, plays an exciting style, brought through some young players AND we have reportedly already talked to him about a non-managing position.

But in lieu of him I wish we'd hire someone who played for the U.S. that maybe is just getting started in managing. So much of national team duty is getting your players pumped up to play for the country I feel. Panama, Mexico and Jamaica all have coaches that repped their nat'l teams well and they all are enjoying success. So basically find a "Jurgen Klinsmann" U.S. style, if such a thing exists.

Biesla is being heavily linked to take over at Inter after Leanardo bolts to become DoF at PSG.

How about...

Sven_Goran_Eriksson_782946a.jpg

I'm sure Tuffalo would approve!

OptaJose Opta Sports
10 - Thiago has managed more successful dribbles than any player at the Euro Under-21s so far, including seven tonight. Dextrous

OptaJoe Opta Sports
108 – Thiago made 108 passes for Spain against Czech Republic today, 35 more than any other player, at a success rate of 91%. Future.

What a fucking player.

well im gonna subject myself to this England game since I've got fuck else to do.

hope Welbeck does something cool cause i dont pay much attention to defense. i played a lot of right back but i played it like Sergio Ramos.

anybody got an English stream?

Mancienne is so fucking shit. Seriously, how the hell is this guy in the squad, much less captaining it?

#Longball #Longball #Longball #Longball #Longball #Longball #Longball #Longball

This is horrible to watch after watching Spain.

Back