• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Shocking defending from Jones there ... any decent striker would have made him pay dearly for that, but the Ukrainian guy muffed it.

And I know Jones is the one in the news right now since he was just sold, and he's a fine prospect ... but Smalling is the better player now and long term, imo. He's just so composed.

Henderson and Mancienne have been extremely wasteful with the ball. This is a terrible match.

And I know Jones is the one in the news right now since he was just sold, and he's a fine prospect ... but Smalling is the better player now and long term, imo. He's just so composed.

Yeah, Smalling never gets rattled. I think learning from Rio has done wonders for him. Now time for Vidic to take Jones under his wing and turn him into a raging psychotic!

No Cleverley?!? Pearce is having a fucking laugh.

Muamba is a good player tho. Defs better than the shit Mancienne. Hamburg fans must be watching this and saying, "we signed THAT guy? fuuuu "

Henderson leads a quick counter attack and its 4 v 3... He passes to the goalkeeper. :rulz:

I still maintain that our best athletes are just now starting to stay with soccer (instead of moving to baseball or football). When Landycakes was 10, the best athletes in soCal were moving over to the other football field. This generation is changing that paradigm. Most of you will disagree, but I see it every weekend. Is US youth soccer getting the very best athletes? Of course not. More than a decade or two ago? Certainly.

what a waste of 2 hours.

England's future doesnt look too bright beyond Smalling and Jones

edit: RAWK seems to think that Henderson was brilliant and Smalling/Jones were awful. never change. actually, its about a 50/50 split

Last edited:
Scrolling back thru my timeline and finding some favorites on the 16.5 million pound + a further possible 3.5 mil more.

ColinUdoh Colin Udoh
Henderson (again) with a free Sturridge at the back post, picks the wrong pass. Did I hear say he brings creativity?

samuelluckhurst Samuel Luckhurst
If past evidence of Henderson wasn't sufficient enough, the last 160 minutes should persuade #LFC to stick with current quartet.

Herzogschild M Kelleher
Jones showing very promising signs. Tough and tidy; usage of ball, when on the ground, great too. Rodwell & Henderson disappointing - again.

redhod99 Andy Hodson
Henderson doing a cracking Darron Gibson impression here.

Silver lining for Liverpool? If he continues to be this out of his depth then they won't have to worry about the 3.5 mil worth of add ons!

Henry, Thurman, Saha, and Gallas never played for Guadeloupe (rather France) - they are just of Guadeloupean descent, or were born in Guadeloupe.

Thuram was the only one born there, and he moved to France at a very young age from what I could find online. Claiming their heritage to give Guadeloupe credit is stupid. Should Landon Donovan be credited to Canada because his dad is from there?

Thuram was the only one born there, and he moved to France at a very young age from what I could find online. Claiming their heritage to give Guadeloupe credit is stupid. Should Landon Donovan be credited to Canada because his dad is from there?

I agree, heritage =\= credit; however, it's still staggering the amount of connections to that tiny Caribbean island.

Herzogschild M Kelleher
Jones showing very promising signs. Tough and tidy; usage of ball, when on the ground, great too. Rodwell & Henderson disappointing - again.

What a difference a year makes for Jack Rodwell. His hype is slowly starting to fade away.

He's got all the tools. He can pass very well, but he doesn't pick out passes often enough. He's got to get his head up. He doesn't see play quickly enough in the midfield. Too often takes the easy pass. His timing in tackle is poor too. And he's been injured for a bit each of the last 3 years as I recall.

I didn't see the game today, but from what I read it doesn't sound like he did much. The Everton boards mostly blame it on Mancienne and England bypassing the midfield too much, but I think he needs to learn to assert himself more on games. He needs to grow into his talent.

He's still very young. I think he's been over-hyped and it hasn't done him any favors.

Your point on him being slow to pick out a good pass was what stood out to me. He was very negative in his play because his awareness before he received the ball seemed to be nil.

Back