• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

You have no "vision" at all. Jozy's Confed Cup v Spain and his goal the other nite were very much "Droba-esque". Jozy has potential at 21 y/o. Only time will tell, but you can't understand that because you are just an obnoxious, pompous, self absorbed, small minded, nitwit.

Are you serious? Drogba-esque? Both players are big, strong, and black. Other than that I don't see any similarities.

You know who else is big, strong, and black? Eddie Johnson? Emile Heskey?

So, y'know, I can keep making these comparisons all day, but they don't turn out well for Jozy.

ps - Jozy's goal against Spain was not that great. He had the entire net to work with and sent the shot directly at Casillas. Casillas let it squeak by. That goal was honestly mediocre, but because it was against Spain everyone salivates over it.

The holding off of the defender was pretty beast but the shot wasn't...but hey it went in and he got it past St. Iker

You have no "vision" at all. Jozy's Confed Cup v Spain and his goal the other nite were very much "Droba-esque". Jozy has potential at 21 y/o. Only time will tell, but you can't understand that because you are just an obnoxious, pompous, self absorbed, small minded, nitwit.

Oh, fuck me sideways. You are so retarded. You claim that you have watched football for years and years, but I guess you still don't understand how to evaluate talent.

Drogba has exceptional technique and a damn fine first touch. Jozy has shit technique and a first touch with the gentleness of an anvil.

I guess you think they are alike because they are built like tanks and both happen to be black? Because that is the end of their similarities.

And did you really use the Spain goal as "evidence" that Jozy is like Drogba? The same fucking goal that he shot it dead at the fucking goalkeeper?? Jozy completely owning Campdavilla was awesome. His shot was shit. Luckily, Iker has a horrible moment and let the shot in inexplicably.

Want a better comparison of Jozy to Drogba? How about a goal he scored TWO FUCKING DAYS AGO. Power and precision. Of course, that is the exception to the rule as far as Jozy is concerned, but I'm sure that you wouldn't let something like that bother your football-simpleton mind.

Stop talking about the game. You simply have no idea of what you speak. Now kindly, fuck off.

Dammit. Others already saw that. I should have clicked the next page first.

Oh well. Rant stands.

fusiondad is a fucking moron. Worst poster ever. I loathe him and his dumbass ways.

I think he meant Jozy's had malaria the past 3 years and that's why he hasn't made any progression

WHOA. Just realized that the U-17 World Cup will be shown on ESPNU and espn3. That is so awesome.

Mexico have been told they can replace the 5 players that were suspended from the drug test. Lame.

OptaJoe Opta Sports
15 - Didier Drogba fired in more shots on target from direct free kicks than any other player

JUST LIKE JOZY, IMO!!!11!

Just saw a "I love USA soccer" t-shirt at the concert I'm at in Charlotte. Let's Goooooo! I practically tackled the guy in excitement.

Just saw a "I love USA soccer" t-shirt at the concert I'm at in Charlotte. Let's Goooooo! I practically tackled the guy in excitement.

Last year at the Passion Pit concert at the Fillmore the day before the England-USA game everyone chanted U-S-A and Fuck England in between every song. The band was actually pretty pissed till they came back out for the encore and their British rodies told them why that was happening

Last year at the Passion Pit concert at the Fillmore the day before the England-USA game everyone chanted U-S-A and Fuck England in between every song. The band was actually pretty pissed till they came back out for the encore and their British rodies told them why that was happening

That. Is. Awesome.

Both RFK Stadium and NewMeadowlandsGiantsEastRutherford Stadium are sold out for the Gold Cup quarters.

Saw an article today that I can't find now that says youtube is going to be streaming Copa America.

Belize has been suspended from FIFA after the government refused to recognize the FA and team. They told FIFA they would not provide security for Montserrat or the stadium where the WCQ is to be played on Sunday. If they don't reschedule the match by July 10th, they'll be thrown out of qualifying. They won the opening leg 5-2.

Back