• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Cleverley back in the side for England's U-21s. Mancienne finally sat down. Phil Jones takes the armband!

England team: Fielding; Walker Bertrand Smalling Jones (c); Henderson Muamba Cleverley Sinclair; Sturridge Welbeck

That looks a much better side than what they had been putting out.

Are Jones and Bradley both gonna be holding or is Jones gonna be offset a little more defensively with Bradley given the reign for more creativity to go box to box?

No Donovan screams desperation to me. I know he hasn't played well, but you have to trust your stars to play through it. Though all of those starting mids have played better than LD, so I don't know who you sit.

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
Jamaica lineup: Ricketts; Reid, Thomas, Taylor; Vernan, Austin, Morrison, Phillips; Richards, Johnson, Shelton. (As expected in 3-4-3.)

No Donovan screams desperation to me. I know he hasn't played well, but you have to trust your stars to play through it. Though all of those starting mids have played better than LD, so I don't know who you sit.

Why? Wouldn't it demonstrate just the opposite?

Back