• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Yeah, that sounded weird.

What I meant is that it sounds like Bob is grasping at straws, just trying to find some combination that will snap us out of our funk. Usually, teaching your star isn't the answer.

I'm in. I've been giving Bradley shit for his lineups, but I think he got it more or less right here.

Donovan hasn't done shit, Bedoya has been very active off the bench. I'd rather see Adu for Kljestan, but Kljestan was getting minutes in the group stage.

Yeah, that sounded weird.

What I meant is that it sounds like Bob is grasping at straws, just trying to find some combination that will snap us out of our funk. Usually, teaching your star isn't the answer.

Bob doens't know what he is doing.

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
Not dressed for USA: Spector, Onyewu, Wondolowski, Rogers.

Wondo goes from starter to not even dressing. Same for Ream the previous game, but now he is a sub. Bob is just throwing darts at a board in random hope he will somehow hit a bulls eye.

SACK HIM

I'm not sure why Spector wasn't given a shot in the group stage. I'd say leaving Wondo and Rogers off instead of Adu and Bornstein is a step in the right direction though.

What dv7 said is more or less what I was thinking. I'm not convinced it won't work, and I really like what sasha and bedoya have done, but it demonstrates a total lack of direction on Bob's part. Hopefully dempsey, jozy, and bedoya, who's been on the attack all tournament, can overwhelm Jamaica's three man back line.

Most of us agreed Bradley was clueless to begin with. I'm not gonna complain that he's at least trying to make some changes.

Most of us agreed Bradley was clueless to begin with. I'm not gonna complain that he's at least trying to make some changes.

Truth. I just hope we can negate the quickness and speed of Jamaica's attack. Our defense better be ready to play today, otherwise we are going to be looking at an embarrassing loss.

5 in the midfield should allow us to control possession better. Slow the game down a bit and make Jamaica chase the ball. Best way to negate a speedy attack. Now whether or not we're actually capable of doing that is a different story.

5 in the midfield should allow us to control possession better. Slow the game down a bit and make Jamaica chase the ball. Best way to negate a speedy attack. Now whether or not we're actually capable of doing that is a different story.

Our midfield has been so bad this tournament. It should be our strongest point, but has become our weakness for whatever reason.

Why not convert Spector to cb? I know he struggles some with the small quick types, but so does everyone else we have. He has pretty good defensive instincts and he'd have some composure on the ball back there. He's not going to get run at d-mid or rb barring injury, but he's decent cover for a number if positions in am emergency.

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
RT @SoccerInsider Dempsey arrived DC at 2 am, Donovan at 7 am.

Did i see that right? Are we wearing new blue shirts? With some sort of embellishment, like dots or something?

I do like that we brought Bedoya on though. It's indicative of Bob's stupidity that Bedoya was an alternate until Feilhaber got injured.

Back