• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Only non-footy fans would suggest "everyone does it"

tired argument against the sport, and when it does happen, it makes it all the more disappointing
I don't have anything against the sport. I'm just saying that it seems like the logical thing to do in that situation. Except, it looks like he was going to fall anyway. Wouldn't it be the refs job to catch that?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That dive by Jones was shameful. What a goon he is.

The goal from Donovan-Juan-Dempsey was sexy though.

I don't have anything against the sport. I'm just saying that it seems like the logical thing to do in that situation. Except, it looks like he was going to fall anyway. Wouldn't it be the refs job to catch that?

yeah sure. it's still against the spirit of the game.

yeah sure. it's still against the spirit of the game.

I dont watch as much of this stuff as you guys do, but I've seen quite a few of those dives in the games I've watched.

I dont watch as much of this stuff as you guys do, but I've seen quite a few of those dives in the games I've watched.

first, change the settings so we don't have to see tapatalk, noobface.

second, sure, it's still a bit rampant. like the flop in basketball, it distracts from the pace of the game and is against the spirit of the rules. fans dislike it as such, even/especially when they see their own doing it.

Every team has players that will do it, it's not really a huge argument against what you said rather that it's a trend that is disappointing for fans of soccer.

On the other hand, and what I think Townie was alluding to, is that there are many many more players that don't dive than those that do. Teams and individuals that do have built up reputations for doing so, but it's these players and situations where people jump on soccer for being "all about the dives".

There are a lot of dives, but it is still against the spirit of the game. I hate it when we do it just as much as I hate it when Mexico does it.

There are probably fewer dives than you think. Players often go down when they feel contact, but that's not a "dive" per se.

In this Jermaine Jones situation, there was literally zero contact. That's what makes it so retarded.

first, change the settings so we don't have to see tapatalk, noobface.

second, sure, it's still a bit rampant. like the flop in basketball, it distracts from the pace of the game and is against the spirit of the rules. fans dislike it as such, even/especially when they see their own doing it.

understandable. I do like that they can penalize people for it.

There are probably fewer dives than you think. Players often go down when they feel contact, but that's not a "dive" per se.

In this Jermaine Jones situation, there was literally zero contact. That's what makes it so retarded.

Oh, I thought he was touched a little

Back