• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

OK, I've watched this a half dozen times. JJ definitely gets his heel clipped while running all out in a full sprint. I don't think it was a dive.

It's not a dive at all. I just wish he hadn't played it up like he did. Monster game from him today. He so dangerous when he gets forward.

On another note...anyone know of a good online site for cleats? Little siff wants a pair of those damn boots Kaka/VanPersie/Nani wears - the new blue Predators. Goes against my better judgment (I'm a black boots purist), but I want to get them for him. $199, though? Good gracious. Found them for $179 elsewhere, but with shipping they're still pricey. The kid is growing so fast I worry that they won't fit him by the time his club season starts in December.

It's not a dive at all. I just wish he hadn't played it up like he did. Monster game from him today. He so dangerous when he gets forward.

I agree, but based on what was said on this thread and Twitter, you'd think JJ was South American.

Y'all really don't think that was a dive? I agree there was contact after watching it a few times.

Y'all really don't think that was a dive? I agree there was contact after watching it a few times.

Contact. Affected his stride. He fell. Did he flail a bit to sell the contact? Sure. Was the contact enough to knock him off stride? Absolutely. Easy call IMO

If you're running at a sprint and someone makes the slightest contact on your back foot midstride, you're gonna go down. As someone mentioned earlier, that's the reason is took a step or two before he fell. The flailing arms and arched back I could live without.

I know that he probably could/would have gone down, but he definitely embellished, and in my mind that is trying to get the ref to make a call. He knew he was the last man back and it would have been a red card. I don't blame him at all for doing it, but he definitely was trying to get the call.

I read the TYAC analysis and remembered that Stu Holden isn't even there. Crap, we're loaded in the middle of the field.

If you're running at a sprint and someone makes the slightest contact on your back foot midstride, you're gonna go down. As someone mentioned earlier, that's the reason is took a step or two before he fell. The flailing arms and arched back I could live without.

Exactly, husky. 27, not sure it matters if he embellished it. There was pretty clear contact on an open run to the goal. Again, easy call.

Exactly, husky. 27, not sure it matters if he embellished it. There was pretty clear contact on an open run to the goal. Again, easy call.

I agree that the red card was probably warranted. I just think that the flop was disgraceful afterwards. I probably didn't make that clear earlier. I have been drinking.

On another note...anyone know of a good online site for cleats? Little siff wants a pair of those damn boots Kaka/VanPersie/Nani wears - the new blue Predators. Goes against my better judgment (I'm a black boots purist), but I want to get them for him. $199, though? Good gracious. Found them for $179 elsewhere, but with shipping they're still pricey. The kid is growing so fast I worry that they won't fit him by the time his club season starts in December.

Is he a professional yet? Get him black boots if not.

Embellishing contact is lame, but not disgraceful. Letting the ref know a foul took place is not a bad thing.

Back