• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I don't know what the idea was behind the Costa Rica game, never said I did either. That's one other formation though. How about looking at the bigger picture than one outlier of a game two years ago and holding some strange irrational grudge? It looked like the players sure knew what they were supposed to do in a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 on Saturday, it just wasn't as effective.

You are using the Spain game as an outlier as well.

The first half on Saturday we were crap. He made some subs that really helped us out for the 2nd half. All in all, Bradley gets about a B for the Argentina match.

We never got on the ball for half the damn match.

Gyan can not do that dance if Bolo Zenden is not around!

3d57fe2010b0ca5ee1b1c0e7f3222e0f_zenden.gif

I've come to realize that Gyan is one of those players I'm always going to irrationally hate because of one game against my team.

Why the hell is Ghana acting like they just won the fucking World Cup? This was a friendly...and you drew the match. Why are you dancing on the pitch more than 5 minutes after the final whistle? Bizarre.

they just beat the golden generation, one of the world's best teams, oh wait.......

Why the hell is Ghana acting like they just won the fucking World Cup? This was a friendly...and you drew the match. Why are you dancing on the pitch more than 5 minutes after the final whistle? Bizarre.

I don't know maybe it has to do with colonial oppression or something like that.

Hell I still loose my shit whenever we beat those limey Brits in anything. Especially in those insane late night dart competitions.

Last edited:
Chile-Columbia, next? Sure why not

Also why the hell are they playing it in the Netherlands? I can't imagine their are great crowds in Europe for two South American teams not named Brazil or Argentina.

Anyways I'm rooting for Columbia, they have become my South American boyz ever since I watched the Two Escobars.

Is Alexis Sanchez playing? If so, I could not be more in. That dude is a BALLER.

Dammit, Brasky. That game has already been played. No wonder I couldn't find a stream of it here at work.

Watching Portugal - Finland on foxsoccer.tv. Portugal up 1-0 in the 62nd.

SELFISH assist by Nani. Was 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper but SELFISHLY put the ball across the 6 yard box so Micael could score and give Nani an ASSIST. SO SELFISH!

Last edited:
Dammit, Brasky. That game has already been played. No wonder I couldn't find a stream of it here at work.

Watching Portugal - Finland on foxsoccer.tv. Portugal up 1-0 in the 62nd.

My bad dude. For some reason my DTV said it was live. Oh well now I don't care.

Danny Welbeck has become the 83rd player to graduate from Man United youth team to international football since WW2.

That's some pedigree.

Didn't realize that U-20 qualifying starts tonight too. Same time as the Paraguay game I believe, and will be on ESPN3.

I admitted I was using that as an example that blatantly helped my case.

You said dont use an outlier, then you used an outlier.

Overall picture, Bob is tactically limited and has very little flexibility. Spain having a million shots, with a half million deflections off our defenders that didn't go in, and the ball the whole game isn't even great tactics, it's our guys playing out of our skins and us just getting lucky that Timmy played like a god.

Back