• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I suppose Timmy could play past 2014, but US keeps seem to step aside and Howard shouldn't be any different.

Guzan has been the backup for years, but failing to break into Villa's first team after a couple seasons has to count against him. He's still not old for a keeper though. Cervi maybe? I haven't heard much about him since he went to Celtic.

My wildcard is Sean Johnson. Kid had a great rookie season for the Fire and is only 21 I believe.

Gotta be Sean Johnson. Houston's Tally Hall looked impressive toward the end of last season, and this year he has the starting job. Played out of his mind against Seattle the other day. I suspect he'll get some looks in camp, but I don't know if he'll ever stick. I have a hard time evaluating keepers.

Gotta be Sean Johnson. Houston's Tally Hall looked impressive toward the end of last season, and this year he has the starting job. Played out of his mind against Seattle the other day. I suspect he'll get some looks in camp, but I don't know if he'll ever stick. I have a hard time evaluating keepers.

Saw the first half of that on replay the other day at lunch. Houston's keeper was playing very well. Kept out a few shots with top saves.

Bornstein is garbage.

How did Paraguay score? Just turned it on.

Saw the first half of that on replay the other day at lunch. Houston's keeper was playing very well. Kept out a few shots with top saves.

Yea I know the team is high on him. He sat behind Pat Onstad for a good 2-3 years, and now he's getting his shot.

But like I said, I have a tough time evaluating keepers. Obviously I can tell which ones make athletic saves, but sometimes it's hard to know if they shouldn't have had to make that save at all if they'd been in better position.

Chandler is impressive. Love his explosive first few steps. Gets up to full speed very quickly. His delivery isn't bad, but could use some work.

Very promising player from the little I've seen of him these past 2 matches.

Yea I know the team is high on him. He sat behind Pat Onstad for a good 2-3 years, and now he's getting his shot.

But like I said, I have a tough time evaluating keepers. Obviously I can tell which ones make athletic saves, but sometimes it's hard to know if they shouldn't have had to make that save at all if they'd been in better position.

Do you look like this man:

Arsene-Wenger-Old-Trafford-sent-off_2354037.jpg

So for someone who has not been paying much recent attention where did Agudelo come from and where is my boy Herc?

Wynalda about to go into full "Blast Bob Bradley" mode. Get that man some vodka. STAT.

Second straight game in which Donovan was garbage, IMO. As for that sitter...you HAVE to put that away. Sorry. You're a professional, the goal is open, I don't care what the angle is (and it wasn't as tough an angle as Martino made it out to be).

Bradley's strike was beautiful. Kudos to the Paraguayan keeper on a terrific save.

Really, really REALLY like Chandler. He's injected new life into our back four.

Brutal loss for littlesiff in a conference matchup tonight between her previously unbeaten (in conference) high school team and her biggest rival (and defending conference champion). Our centerback misplayed a ball, which our keeper failed to come out and retrieve, gifting them their first goal. On the second, my daughter was called for a very questionable foul outside the box, and they floated a soft shot over our wall...a shot that went through our keeper's hands. We pulled one back late in the first half and though we dominated possession in the second, we lost 2-1. Crusher.

What'd he say?

He didn't really attack Bob like I thought he was going to. Really just kept bitching about the lack of scoring our team (he means forwards; mainly JOZY!) do.

Pretty much every drop in comment was bitching about that. It was funny to me.

El TRI

Seriously, who's watching en vivo on univision?

This team is interesting to watch when not playing the US

i'm really trying to stay positive about where we are right now...but some of the players think we played well tonight(in a loss). i didn't really care about this friendly but it just didn't sit right with me

i'm really trying to stay positive about where we are right now...but some of the players think we played well tonight(in a loss). i didn't really care about this friendly but it just didn't sit right with me

I thought we were, for the most part, not very good.

As I said earlier, Chandler was excellent. Michael Bradley was quite good as well. Agudelo had his moments. That was about it.

I think it's time to give Buddle JOZY's minutes. It's been a while since JOZY's done anyting. Pains me to say it, but it's true. Hell, give the time to Bunbury if you don't want to give it to Buddle.

Back