• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Just noticed that Honduras lost to Panama. I'll just call this tournament the curse of Andy Najar and move on with things.

The guy wore two uniforms thinking he'd get away with it...LOL.

NOOOOOOOOO

Don't want any American going to the shit show that is Atletico.

Is this new interest or still the same report from before when they looked at him and Shea? I'm too lazy to look for it myself.

Apparently an Atletico representative was at the NYRB-Philadelphia match the other night.

Hard to say what the big deal is though. The representative is also in the States seeking out new partnerships for Atletico.

Sounds like he's doing a little scouting, a little relationship building. I'm not surprised that they're tracking Aguedelo, but I'd be shocked if they actually looked to acquire him.

Atletico have a pretty great track record with forwards lately, if nothing else actually clicks

"Other news is that Gil Marin is in the US. Even with tighter passport controls he still got in! As I mentioned on Saturday, the club is looking to set up a link with a team in the MLS. At the moment they are trying to link up with either Chicago Fire, Philadelphia Union or New York Red Bulls. Gil Marin attended a MLS game and is currently negotiating with various clubs. As I said on Saturday, this looks like a good way to bring in new revenue to the club and while I think it is great to see the club thinking forward it seems that it should have been done along time ago. Another positive is that it might give Atleti fans in the US a chance to see Los Rojiblancos."

-atletico madrid blogger

so maybe not actually going for Agudelo and more of a business trip?

Back