• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I saw a bit of the game from this weekend yesterday at lunch. Davies positioned himself very well to put in the rebound for DC United's 2nd goal.

I think we will get our best look this Thursday night when DC takes on NY. ESPN game!

I say at the moment he's in. However any injury or a glimpse of a setback and he's out.

I'm of the mind that Charlie Davies without that initial burst of speed is going to be a very average international striker. If he's showing that burst at DC United, call him up. If not, forget it. I haven't watched any DC United games yet this season, so I'll let you guys tell me if he's looking like old Charlie or not.

The decision can't be made based on 2 goals from the run of play and some PKs.

What current strikers do we have that are international quality?

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum here, but will we see any Deacons playing for the USMNT this summer?

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum here, but will we see any Deacons playing for the USMNT this summer?

Don't think so. Marcus has that nagging knee and Ike isn't exactly in favor with his club.

Ehhh.... perhaps Ike if he's healthy eventually? Not sure if Sam Cronin's ever in talks anymore.

Touche. Agudelo? That's all I have. Not that guy who's name rhymes with mozy smaltidore

Agudelo is good, but not really at that level yet, IMO. He could get there tho. But being fooled by EJ and now seemingly Jozy (I won't all caps it anymore, I just can't) has me trying to take a more balanced approach to the next forward youngster we have.

I can't see it myself. Unless Ike is tearing up the MLS, which I'm not really paying attention to.

Honestly I think I want Agubury (Agudelo-Bunbury) in the GC. With Jozy and CD9 as our subs.

Who's playing better than Davies right now? I haven't had a chance to see him(MLS isn't very big in Malaysia). Gomez has found the net. Jozy is a given. But no one else has been shining afaik.

Who's playing better than Davies right now? I haven't had a chance to see him(MLS isn't very big in Malaysia). Gomez has found the net. Jozy is a given. But no one else has been shining afaik.

Bunbury has a few goals from play. Two in one match iirc. Agudelo has 1. Gomez has 3 in his last 2 matches. Davies has 5 (3 pks) and Jozy has 1.

I saw a bit of the game from this weekend yesterday at lunch. Davies positioned himself very well to put in the rebound for DC United's 2nd goal.

Yes, and his first goal this year (from the run of play) displayed that he still has great composure...something we've sorely missed from other US strikers

Back