• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Thanks tintin. I'd love to commit to watching our 2 boys in their respective European qualifying race in Germany but I know that if I do they will both fall. Glad to see so much success from our yanks abroad. Now to bring it all together this summer

Well that didn't take long...

USMNT & Nurnberg RB Timothy Chandler injured in practice with cut on instep. Likely out this weekend vs Dortmund

Stuart Holden named the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association Player of the Year. Nice recognition for his breakout season.

Stuart Holden named the Bolton Wanderers Supporters Association Player of the Year. Nice recognition for his breakout season.

That's awesome. He was so, so good in the MLS the last two years. I always thought he had the skill to play in England, but I was never sure that he was physical enough. Looks like he's found his niche quite nicely.

It was probably on the MLS thread but Agudelo's goal against DC United last week was sick.

Agreed. We still are yet to see out national team at full strength with Stu yet. SMH

i had a goal in my over 30 league game a few weeks back. from the stopper position, no less. unfortunately, i lead a porous defense with an ill-advised offsides trap. the MLS has not called.

although, if i score tomorrow...

I wish my league was over 30. Way too many young'uns, but they still can't contain me... :thumbsup:

I probably missed 3 or 4 good to great chances today. I don't want to talk about it.

Can we start posting on here any leagues or pick up games that we know of. I for one will always attend if someone posts. I'm craving to play so bad

Once the season ends I'll let you know about the summer pickup schedule, sd3

I wish my league was over 30. Way too many young'uns, but they still can't contain me... :thumbsup:

in the land of 30+. the 31 yr old is king.

i actually pulled a quad on the goal (it was in my last game, which was 2 weeks before easter), so we will see how it holds up. i have played basketball and softball on it with no problem, but the quad and soccer is a brutal combination.

(hope you guys don't censor 'quad' over here)

Can we start posting on here any leagues or pick up games that we know of. I for one will always attend if someone posts. I'm craving to play so bad

If you ever find yourself in Huntersville on a Sunday night, you're always welcome to join my team. It has the best name in NMASL history, if not all of football history: Real Morbid.

Meh. My dad's traveling team is pretty funny I think

"Geriatrico's"

I thought my indoor crew had a good name

FBG$

Probably only funny to college kids, not you old timers :thumbsup:

Back