• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Can't get time off work for the Gold Cup, but I'm gonna go to the Spain friendly here in Boston.

The Turkish second division is being taken by storm. Call him up.

I think he has 5 and 3 assists in like 10 or 11 matches. Looks like his teammates love him too, which is a good sign. Hopefully he helps them with the promotion playoff. I don't know if there's any plan of him staying there, but it would be nice to see him leave a team in good standing.

FreddyAdu11 Freddy Adu
Bored lol who wants to come hang out with me? Im pretty fun i promise lol

I might be alone, but I'm all for a Freddy Adu gold cup callup. At least the camp

Anyone know what happened to Danny Szetela after he was waived by DCU? All I found with a quick search was that he was arrested in a bar room fight in January. Lots of potential but a huge headcase.

I just started a new season on FM2011 and signed him to my Revs team. He's destroying the midfield.

Anyone know what happened to Danny Szetela after he was waived by DCU? All I found with a quick search was that he was arrested in a bar room fight in January. Lots of potential but a huge headcase.

I just started a new season on FM2011 and signed him to my Revs team. He's destroying the midfield.

I don't think he's playing professionally anymore.

He's just another story of why you can only put but so much stock into youth performances. He had the raw talent but about a $.01 head.

Womens world cup roster just announced on ESPN. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the tournament this summer.

Well now we know why we didn't get the African votes that we were hoping for:

"Collins said: "The Sunday Times' submission, and this is to be published by us later, claims that $1.5million was paid to FIFA executive committee members Issa Hayatou and Jacques Anouma who went on to vote for Qatar.''

"Collins said the submission claimed Qatar specifically employed a fixer to arrange deals with African members for their votes."

-ESPNsoccernet

Lord Triesman, the former Football Association and England 2018 chairman, has accused several Fifa executive committee members of "improper and unethical" behaviour.

He told the select committee looking into football that the Fifa vice-president Jack Warner asked for money – suggested to be £2.5m – to build an education centre in Trinidad with the cash to be channelled through him, and later £500,000 to buy Haiti's World Cup TV rights for the earthquake-hit nation, also to go through Warner.

Paraguay's Fifa member, Nicolás Leoz, asked for a knighthood, he alleged, while Brazil's Fifa member, Ricardo Teixeira, asked Triesman to "come and tell me what you have got for me", although Triesman said the comment could be open to interpretation.

Thailand's Fifa member, Worawi Makudi, wanted to be given the TV rights to a friendly between England and the Thai national team, said Triesman.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/10/lord-triesman-fifa

I mean can we really try and do something about Qatar when CONCACAFs rep is just as dirty?

Jack Warner, the gift that just keeps on giving. Reading his wiki page, it is a wonder that this man is not jail for multiple offences

Back