• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I don't think those statements are as mutually exclusive as you do. Davies has his long term goals of making it back to the national team, but to do that he's going to have to achieve in DC. I don't think Olsen is wrong, because helping United win is also Davies's short term goal, because winning and him playing well are most likely highly correlated.

Yeah you're right. I'm just saying that no matter where Davies ended up his goal would still be the same. Obviously he has to score for someone, and help them win to get there.

He is going to challenge himself and he knows we, as a coaching staff, are not going to stop until he gets to where he wants to be.

MEXICO CONCACAF GOLD CUP ROSTER
GOALKEEPERS - José de Jesús Corona (Cruz Azul),*Alfredo Talavera (Toluca),*Guillermo Ochoa (América).

DEFENDERS - Ricardo Osorio (Monterrey),*Édgar Dueñas (Toluca),*Jorge Torres Nilo (Tigres),*Rafael Márquez (New York Red Bulls),*Francisco Javier Rodríguez (PSV Eindhoven),*Héctor Moreno (AZ Alkmaar),*Carlos Salcido (Fulham FC).

MIDFIELDERS - Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul),*Israel Castro (UNAM Pumas),*Luis Ernesto Pérez (Monterrey),*Jesús Zavala (Monterrey),*Antonio Naelson Sinha (Toluca),*Ángel Reyna (América),*Efraín Juárez (Celtic),*Andrés Guardado (Deportivo La Coruña).

FORWARDS - Aldo de Nigris (Monterrey),*Giovani Dos Santos (Racing de Santander),*Javier Hernández (Manchester United),*Pablo Barrera (West Ham),*Elías Hernández (Morelia).

No Jonathan Dos Santos or Carlos Vela

Giovani's been quite good at Racing. What a dumbass for forcing his way out of Barca and more importantly going to Tottenham (because English football definitely doesn't suit his game)

I would have bet a lot of money that Torrado was a lot older than 32. Seems like that guy has been around forever.

Show me 1 result in the past two years that should have me shaking in my boots over this Mexican side.

I agree with this. I was just poking fun at you for your eternal optimism about the USMNT. :thumbsup:

Yeah I see life through my red white and blue shade, I know. I think midfield and keeper is the main weakness for this Mexico side. Obviously Chich up front is huge, it will be interesting to see what the kid can do without Giggs Nani Valencia and Park feeding him.

14 goals in 23 caps for Mexico. He just knows how to finish.

I wouldn't mind Chicharito picking up a slight ankle twist so he sits out the tournament and takes the summer off! After netting the opener tomorrow, of course.

I wouldn't mind if he got his teeth kicked into the back of his throat.

I wish I could remember who it was. Made the claim after one of United's preseason games when I got a good look at him.

Also, Vela isn't that good.

The Agudelo vs Chicharito story line will be fun to watch if the US faces the mexitwunts

Back