• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

The Agudelo vs Chicharito story line will be fun to watch if the US faces the mexitwunts

What story line?

I'll be ecstatic if Agudelo does half as well as Chich in his first season over in Europe.

I will say this. Agudelo is ahead of where Chicharito was as a professional by miles. Let's all hope he keeps going strength to strength and continues to develop.

What story line?

I'll be ecstatic if Agudelo does half as well as Chich in his first season over in Europe.

I will say this. Agudelo is ahead of where Chicharito was as a professional by miles. Let's all hope he keeps going strength to strength and continues to develop.

I'm talking strictly Gold Cup. Obviously Agudelo has no case on the club level, and I'm not sure any American will ever do as well as the pea on the club level.

I was going more along the lines of both teams having young strikers that they will go to for scoring. Obviously Chich is the new star of Mexico, and you know every American wants to be able to say the same about Juan, but can't do that yet. It would be awesome for this to be his coming out party to give us that elite striker to rival Mexico and Chich.

Mexico always looks stronger than we do on paper.

Fact. I really don't think they look that much better than us if at all on paper this go round either. Obviously they win the striker argument, but we have potential to close that gap with Juan and a new CD9. I think we boss the midfield, and D could be split. Comparing Keepers would be a joke.

Ahhh, gotcha.

Is Agudelo still 18? Or is he 19 now? Either way...Chich didn't even blow up in Mexico till he was 21.

If EJ and Jozy didn't come before him...I would be really excited about what promise I've seen from Juan. Trying to temper myself now. Once...err..twice bitten, thrice sore. Or something like that.

Just turned 18 actually. Less than a month ago if I remember correctly. Maybe a few days before the Argentina match? So def less than two months.

Fact. I really don't think they look that much better than us if at all on paper this go round either. Obviously they win the striker argument, but we have potential to close that gap with Juan and a new CD9. I think we boss the midfield, and D could be split. Comparing Keepers would be a joke.

You underestimate their midfield, IMO. I think we are better, but it is close...very close. They have some real quality there.

I like our D more as they are going thru a transition of sorts there, but our D is so damn hit and miss match to match it is infuriating.

Howard is better than Ochoa, but both are solid. Howard has made a fair number of mistakes this season for Everton. (Obviously have no idea how Ochoa has faired for his league club as I don't watch it.)

I'm retarded his birthday is in November. I wasn't even close. So 18 1/2

Just turned 18 actually. Less than a month ago if I remember correctly. Maybe a few days before the Argentina match? So def less than two months.

Very impressive. Kid has some natural talent and that cannot be doubted.

But true elite talent wants it more than anybody else. I don't know enough about Agudelo to say if he does or doesn't. I just hope he does.

You underestimate their midfield, IMO. I think we are better, but it is close...very close. They have some real quality there.

I like our D more as they are going thru a transition of sorts there, but our D is so damn hit and miss match to match it is infuriating.

Howard is better than Ochoa, but both are solid. Howard has made a fair number of mistakes this season for Everton. (Obviously have no idea how Ochoa has faired for his league club as I don't watch it.)

Was reading an article last week absolutely ripping Ochoa to shreds. I'm like you, haven't seen much out of him, but that ape that started ahead of him in the WC was awful. And we know how big Timmy plays for the Nats, bar the Ghana match :hittingheadagainstbrickwall:

The Mexican NT manager started that shitbag Franco over Chicharito this summer. His decision making on starting GK is highly questionable for the same time.

Who is this new cat they have running the show now anyways? I know nothing about him

How guaranteed is a Jermaine Jones yellow card if we play Mexico. I say 95% easily

How guaranteed is a Jermaine Jones yellow card if we play Mexico. I say 95% easily

It would be kinda funny if FIFA took away all pretending about it and just gave the usual suspects yellow cards right after the national anthems were over.

I HATE EL TRI

THEY ARE THE GREAT SATAN

IF I EVER HAD TO SUICIDE BOMB ANYTHING IT WOULD BE THEM

So their nickname "el tri" is for their tri-colors red green and white. Cool. Original. Almost every country in the world could do that.

Back