• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Davies audition for Bradley a disaster. One offside, one bad touch in area, leaves injured in the 34th minute. Quaranta on.

So I've kept it under the table for a while but now is a good time to tell the story. A month or so ago I got one of my good buds from App State to start posting on here. He went by JehoviasWetness (in our MLS Fantasy league). Anyways he is a lifelong soccer lover and journalism major. Last month he tagged along with me and 3 others for the US vs Paraguay match in Nashville. We were tailgating with some other nats supporters from ASU when one got a call and said that it was Ives (he had won the MLS fantasy league and Ives was meeting up with him to hive him a prize). So 5 minutes later Ives was at our tailgate. Caleb pretty much pitched his resume in 30 seconds and told Ives he wanted to take a shot at hopping on board. One thing lead to another and he is now a main writer on the site and at this game. Ives sent him for his first coverage and he's in the press box seated to the right of Grant Wahl. Pretty freaking awesome month for my boy.

So I've kept it under the table for a while but now is a good time to tell the story. A month or so ago I got one of my good buds from App State to start posting on here. He went by JehoviasWetness (in our MLS Fantasy league). Anyways he is a lifelong soccer lover and journalism major. Last month he tagged along with me and 3 others for the US vs Paraguay match in Nashville. We were tailgating with some other nats supporters from ASU when one got a call and said that it was Ives (he had won the MLS fantasy league and Ives was meeting up with him to hive him a prize). So 5 minutes later Ives was at our tailgate. Caleb pretty much pitched his resume in 30 seconds and told Ives he wanted to take a shot at hopping on board. One thing lead to another and he is now a main writer on the site and at this game. Ives sent him for his first coverage and he's in the press box seated to the right of Grant Wahl. Pretty freaking awesome month for my boy.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/05/seattle-sounders-vs-portland-timbers-match-night-commentary.html#more

Donovan with the double already tonight. Good to see him getting hot at the right time

Freddy Adu played 90 min in a 2-1 Rizespor win that clinched a promotion playoff spot. Had an assist on first goal (corner kick)

USA women's standout Lindsay Tarpley torn ACL, will miss World Cup, sidelined 6-8 months. Roster replacement soon #uswnt

that's pretty awesome...

That's awesome.

TRANSPARENCY!

FIFA news from Cairo: "Following a secret ballot, the CAF Executive Committee voted in majority to support M. Joseph Sepp Blatter."

Back