• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Boston.com soccer blog had an interesting article about Roma's new sporting director looking at Donovan or Bradley. Don't really follow Serie A, so no idea what their team's needs are.

DiBenedetto hopes to sign a US player for Roma and has contacted the agents of Aston Villa midfielder Michael Bradley and Los Angeles Galaxy star Landon Donovan through Sabatini, a former Roma player.

For Donovan's transfer, Roma has budgeted about 10 million euros, and the club would match his $2.3 million MLS salary, according to the source. Donovan, 29, is the US national team's all-time leading scorer with 45 goals

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/blog/2011/05/dibenedetto_con.html

I could see Bradley if they sell De Rossi. Similar style players, IMO (De Rossi much better tho)

Siff, how'd the playoff game go?

Thanks for asking. They lost 4-0. Completely outclassed, but I will say this: my daughter played the game of her life. No goals scored from Charlotte Catholic's right side (little siff, like her little brother, is a LB), and CC's coach moved his star attacker away from her because of it. Couldn't be prouder of her (and wish she'd reconsider her decision not to play in college)! Too bad the NCHSAA's playoff system is so screwy. Their season ended too early.

NCHSAAs playoff system is dictated by gas prices. It's so backwards.

True, dv7. There's a simple solution: don't let the posers with losing records participate in the playoffs. Last year, we were 17-4 and had to travel to Harding (a winless school in MEGA-7, which is a combined 3A/4A conference) because they were the #2 seed (behind Catholic) and we were a #3. What a joke.

Gold Cup roster COULD be released as early as today, don't count on it though.

Little blurb from the Philadelphia Daily News - look to the bottom of the page:

http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2011/05/19/pdn-confirms-real-madrid-friendly-more-news/

After news that FIFA will meet with the whistleblower who alleges the Qatar 2022 bid committee bribed FIFA members from Africa for their vote, Sepp Blatter says he will not rule out the possibility of re-staging the vote for the 2022 World Cup hosting rights if allegations of bribery are proven. USA! USA! USA!

I'll believe it when I see it

Thanks for asking. They lost 4-0. Completely outclassed, but I will say this: my daughter played the game of her life. No goals scored from Charlotte Catholic's right side (little siff, like her little brother, is a LB), and CC's coach moved his star attacker away from her because of it. Couldn't be prouder of her (and wish she'd reconsider her decision not to play in college)! Too bad the NCHSAA's playoff system is so screwy. Their season ended too early.

Sucks about the loss. She could always change her mind though and walk on once she gets to campus. If not, she could jut lead the nastiest intramural team in the history of whatever school (Wake?) she ends up attending.

http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2011/05/19/pdn-confirms-real-madrid-friendly-more-news/

After news that FIFA will meet with the whistleblower who alleges the Qatar 2022 bid committee bribed FIFA members from Africa for their vote, Sepp Blatter says he will not rule out the possibility of re-staging the vote for the 2022 World Cup hosting rights if allegations of bribery are proven. USA! USA! USA!

Would Sepp do this just to fuck over the Qatari guys bid for the presidency?

Ohh cone on don't mess with me like this

THEY WON'T VOTE FOR THE 2022 WORLD CUP AGAIN. THAT IS COMPLETE SEPP BULLSHIT

And ussoccer just confirmed they will wait till Monday and let CONCACAF reveal our roster. I don't understand why they just don't release it early but whatever

IDGAF I only go to 3 USMNt matches a year. Hoe needs to quit being so selfish

Ohhhh snap. I just remembered. I leave for DC in four weeks. Yeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhh

Back