• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Dammit, you got be to give a hit to an Ives article, you fucker! NEGREP

Rumblings from Honduras: Najar might get the call after all, setting up a tug of war with DC United about release date. More later

No, actually, I was confused that anybody would be excited about watching the MLS. :thumbsup:

SD3 officially official 2011 Gold Cup Roster Predictions:

Head Coach- Bob Bradley

Goalkeepers (3)- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, David Yelldell

Defenders (8)- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Tim Ream, Jay DeMerit, Eric Lichaj, Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson

Midfielders (8)- Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Benny Feilhaber, Jonathan Spector

Forwards (4)- Jozy Altidore, Teal Bunbury, Juan Agudelo, Herculez Gomez

Last 3 IN- Herculez Gomez, Jonathan Spector, Eric Lichaj

Last 3 OUT- Charlie Davies, Sacha Klejstan, Jonathan Bornstein

SD3 officially official 2011 Gold Cup Roster Predictions:

Head Coach- Bob Bradley

Goalkeepers (3)- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, David Yelldell

Defenders (8)- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Tim Ream, Jay DeMerit, Eric Lichaj, Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson

Midfielders (8)- Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Benny Feilhaber, Jonathan Spector

Forwards (4)- Jozy Altidore, Teal Bunbury, Juan Agudelo, Herculez Gomez

Last 3 IN- Herculez Gomez, Jonathan Spector, Eric Lichaj

Last 3 OUT- Charlie Davies, Sacha Klejstan, Jonathan Bornstein

The only things I might disagree with is DeMerit and Bunbury. I'm thinking Whitbread unless Bradley wants to just bring 3 CB's. Spector/Edu are able to fill in should there be injuries. That would allow an extra midfielder, possibly Mix?

Bunbury is probable if he takes 4 forwards, though he could take Wondolowski I suppose. Again, I think there's a chance he brings 3 forwards and an extra midfielder to have more options in a 4-5-1/4-3-3

DeMerit is a lock, and probably a lock as a starter. He is back in action for Vancouver now and considering his past marking duties for us (Messi, Rooney, Torres) there is no doubt that he is IN. His starting position can be argued I guessed.

DeMerit is a lock, and probably a lock as a starter. He is back in action for Vancouver now and considering his past marking duties for us (Messi, Rooney, Torres) there is no doubt that he is IN. His starting position can be argued I guessed.

DeMerit looked pretty poor when I watched him last weekend. I hadn't realized he had a midweek game where he played 90. I don't know if he was rusty from the injury or if he's just dropped off physically, but I wouldn't take him after seeing that.

DeMerit looked pretty poor when I watched him last weekend. I hadn't realized he had a midweek game where he played 90. I don't know if he was rusty from the injury or if he's just dropped off physically, but I wouldn't take him after seeing that.

The midweek match was that Canidan Cup crap or whatever it's called. I thought he impressed vs Argentina. And he got injured in the last USMNT match so I don't really remember much of his performance.

I'm not sure if I understand the love for Mixx. The assist to Juan was beautiful but what else is there? I think the fact that he was the only player in the march friendlys to see 0 playingtime is telling. Also midfield is our deepest position so I just don't think it's his time yet.

Back