• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I'm not sure if I understand the love for Mixx. The assist to Juan was beautiful but what else is there? I think the fact that he was the only player in the march friendlys to see 0 playingtime is telling. Also midfield is our deepest position so I just don't think it's his time yet.

The argument for him would be that he's the one true player in the US pool that is a natural CAM. His strongest attributes are his passing and positional awareness. He also isn't a liability on the defensive end because he actually does play defense.

If we're losing, he's a perfect sub to put on to try to get a through ball to an oncoming player.

All that said, I'm not saying he'll make it or even that he should, but he brings a very unique skill set to the table compared to the rest of the Americans. The only other player whose skills are close is Feilhaber.

And also, why does US soccer put two x's in his name? Wikipedia lists only one and Stabaek lists only one. I should have asked him how many x's he prefers.

I've wondered that. I was about to type Mixx earlier, but I hesitated. I have no idea how to spell his name.

Lost in the Premier League craziness, Alejandro Bedoya had a goal and a snazzy backheel assist today

I love me some Mix. I just bought him for my Football Manager squad and he's going to miss the first couple games of the 12-13 season b/c he got called up for the Olympics.

LONG LIVE BREDA!

You CAN. But you shouldn't. It's FIFA. All this shit is just lip service. They don't give a fuck about doing what is right for the game. All about their back pockets.

Money corrupts.

You CAN. But you shouldn't. It's FIFA. All this shit is just lip service. They don't give a fuck about doing what is right for the game. All about their back pockets.

Money corrupts.

All true, but the reason there's even a chance of moving it is because the guys who bought the cup for Qatar forgot to line Blatter's pockets and now have the gall to run against him.

#USMNT roster release will be pushed back due to a late change. We'll keep you up to date and will tweet when it is finalized.

Now what could that be?

Bob Bradley learned that I wasn't capped by the Alsatian national team, sd3. Not cap tied = siff is ready for the Gold Cup.

The question: do I replace Deuce or Landycakes?

I'm so damn sore still from the tournament this weekend. I hate being old.

Back