• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

You still gonna play with us in that Greensboro 7v7 league this summer?

Ps. How can the USMNT change their lineup today when the deadline was Saturday? Injury maybe? Though I didn't hear of one.

SoccerInsider Steven Goff
#USMNT roster change not because of injury. Also, CONCACAF deadline is 15 days before a team's first match. So USA had until today

Definite maybe on Gboro. Remind me about that again, please... (I'm forgetful)

SoccerInsider Steven Goff
#USMNT roster change not because of injury. Also, CONCACAF deadline is 15 days before a team's first match. So USA had until today

Definite maybe on Gboro. Remind me about that again, please... (I'm forgetful)

7v7 league in Greensboro played at Smith atletic complex. I think it's like 60.00 for the season. And 25.00 for our kit (obviously a one time fee). Normally 7 or 8 matches in a season. Certified referees. Matches are on a smaller field and 35 minute halfs. We carpool from the Bristows house to save the gas. Matches played on Sunday afternoons or nighttime.

40 minutes until Bob Bradley teleconference to discuss #usmnt roster -- yet still no #usmnt roster.

Freddy Adu's Rizespor play their first promotion playoff match today at 1pm. I'll try to post streams assuming Freddy starts.

Not a good way to begin. Down 1-0 after 4'. Ball was scored off an Orduspor arm, but no call.

Adu just split two defenders in the box, but his teammate failed to finish from 8 yards out. Orduspor score again on the break.

Down 4-0 at halftime. Looks like Adu will be moving again this summer. I wonder if Bradley delayed his announcement because he wanted to watch him play? I can't imagine he'd bring Adu in, but he has been playing really well. Probably just a coincidence that his announcement will come just after Adu's match finishes.

Adu off after 64' and he's not happy about it. Pretty average game from him. His team was dominated possession wise. He had some good plays attacking and won 2 or 3 good FKs. His service on set pieces was pretty poor by his standards though.

GrantWahl Grant Wahl
Surprise: Freddy Adu gets called up by US for Gold Cup. Wondolowski/Rogers also surprise choices by Bob Bradley.

Back