• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

GOALKEEPERS-Tim Howard, Nick Rimando, Marcus Hahnemann

DEFENDERS- Jonathan Spector, Carlos Bocanegra, Steve Cherundolo, Oguchi Onyewu, Eric Lichaj, Tim Ream, Jonathan Bornstein, Clarence Goodson,

MIDFIELDERS- Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Clint Dempsey, Landon Donovan, Sacha Kljestan, Robbie Rogers, Freddy Adu, Benny Feilhaber, Jermaine Jones

FORWARDS- Juan Agudelo, Chris Wondolowski, Jozy Altidore

Wondo and Rogers? Come on are you serious

bob-bradley-f358b071d65f02f6_large.jpg

Chandler must be hurt. That, or had some reason to ask BB not to name him to the roster. No other logical reason.

WTF - Rogers? Srsly? Pathetic.

Robbie Rogers is fast! Surprised he didn't call Marvell Wynne back in.

Chandler said it was a long season physically and mentally, so he wanted a break this summer. Rogers is an extremely questionable decision. I think Kljestan sucks. Wondolowski has been playing better than Bunbury. Bornstein sucks, but there's not a lot of options. Maybe Pearce if he wanted an outside back.

I usually hate Bradley's selections. But I'm not too upset with these. I'd rather have Bedoya and Mix than Rogers and Kljestan. Other than that, whatever.

Kljestan is awful. How has he done for Anderlecht this season? Does anyone know?

I think he was decent for Anderlecht.

Bob Bradley has an idiotic fascination for Bornstein. He was the one that drafted him at Chivas and changed him from a forward into an outside back, after all.

So who else won't be surprised to see Chandler's name on Germany's roster for a friendly in a week?

SD3 officially official 2011 Gold Cup Roster Predictions:

Head Coach- Bob Bradley

Goalkeepers (3)- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, David Yelldell

Defenders (8)- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Tim Ream, Jay DeMerit, Eric Lichaj, Timmy Chandler, Steve Cherundolo, Clarence Goodson

Midfielders (8)- Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Maurice Edu, Michael Bradley, Jermaine Jones, Alejandro Bedoya, Benny Feilhaber, Jonathan Spector

Forwards (4)- Jozy Altidore, Teal Bunbury, Juan Agudelo, Herculez Gomez

Last 3 IN- Herculez Gomez, Jonathan Spector, Eric Lichaj

Last 3 OUT- Charlie Davies, Sacha Klejstan, Jonathan Bornstein

This SD3 guy doesn't know what he's talking about

Chandler said it was a long season physically and mentally, so he wanted a break this summer. Rogers is an extremely questionable decision. I think Kljestan sucks. Wondolowski has been playing better than Bunbury. Bornstein sucks, but there's not a lot of options. Maybe Pearce if he wanted an outside back.

I usually hate Bradley's selections. But I'm not too upset with these. I'd rather have Bedoya and Mix than Rogers and Kljestan. Other than that, whatever.

+1

Why anyone is surprised by Bornstein's selection is beyond me. Bradley has made it clear time and time again that he values Bornstein's left foot and his speed and athleticism ahead of every other option at that spot other than Boca. And while we all know that Bornstein can be terrible at times, Bradley was vindicated in his faith in Bornstein by how well Bornstein played in the world cup. Given our awful lack of options at left back, if we can get those same types of performances from Bornstein this summer, where he makes no glaring errors and provides some attacking support on the left side, I'd be more than happy with that.

Back