• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Also am I the only person that rates Buddle? If we are really gonna play the 4-2-3-1 Buddle should be the guy playing up top. Hell I think Jozy might make more sense playing on the LW than playing as the ST in that formation.

Buddle is the only guy we have at this point that can really play alone up top. I just hope that Wondo isn't left alone on an island again if he gets another shot.

Buddle is the only guy we have at this point that can really play alone up top. I just hope that Wondo isn't left alone on an island again if he gets another shot.

Thank you. That was my entire point. Without Edson we better not attempt to play the 4-2-3-1 against Mexico because we will get thrashed.

Thank you. That was my entire point. Without Edson we better not attempt to play the 4-2-3-1 against Mexico because we will get thrashed.

Agreed. The 4-4-2 isn't the sexy formation, but for the players we have now it's the best fit.

My eyes. Buddle is shit.

Meh I tend not to trust Euro footie snobs when it comes to judging our national team. No offense but I feel like people who support large European teams, who essentially buy championships, have a hard understanding what works for the Yanks.

I think a 3-2wb-2-1-2 best fits our personnel, myself.

---------------Timmay!-------
-----Goodson - Gooch - Boca-------
Dolo -------------------------Pearce/Bornstein
------- Edu/Jones ---- Bradley -------
--------------- Donovan (free role, ie can drift anywhere)-
--------- Altidore ------- Dempsey ---

But nobody wants to try to play a flat 3 anymore except for my BOI at Napoli. (That I know of.)

Full disclosure, I love the flat back 3 with wing backs, so I'm definitely biased.

I think a 3-2wb-2-1-2 best fits our personnel, myself.

---------------Timmay!-------
-----Goodson - Gooch - Boca-------
Dolo -------------------------Pearce/Bornstein
------- Edu/Jones ---- Bradley -------
--------------- Donovan (free role, ie can drift anywhere)-
--------- Altidore ------- Dempsey ---

But nobody wants to try to play a flat 3 anymore except for my BOI at Napoli. (That I know of.)

Full disclosure, I love the flat back 3 with wing backs, so I'm definitely biased.

Haha I attempted to post this as a suggested formation for us during the last round of friendlies but accidentally gave us 12 players b/c I wrote it after an all night bender at like 7 am. Therefore my previous post about your lack of USMNT knowledge has been officially rescinded.

The 3-5-2 would be straight awesome for our team. Although I might place Ream in the middle (and move Gooch to RCB) so that he Ream could play some quality balls through the midfield.

Meh I tend not to trust Euro footie snobs when it comes to judging our national team. No offense but I feel like people who support large European teams, who essentially buy championships, have a hard understanding what works for the Yanks.

Yes. My judgment of how our USMNT will perform has been so off. Predicted struggling to make it out of the group and probably ending at the R16 and out at the QF at best last WC. Said we never do well at WCs in Europe so don't expect much in '06. I did get the Confed Cup wrong. Which I was happy to end up doing.

We aren't that good talent wise. Better to grasp that. You are propping up Edson fucking Buddle, for fucks sake... EDSON BUDDLE. He sucks. He is 30 years old and has 6 caps. There is a reason for that...

He would be a bench warmer for a PL relegation team. He wouldn't have even played much at Blackpool. Gary Taylor-Fletcher is better than him. The same Gary Taylor-Fletcher that probably downs 10 pints at the pub after every match! And you really want to compare him to DJ Campbell? I didn't think so.

Enjoy your pom-poms. I'll stick to fucking reality.

Haha I attempted to post this as a suggested formation for us during the last round of friendlies but accidentally gave us 12 players b/c I wrote it after an all night bender at like 7 am. Therefore my previous post about your lack of USMNT knowledge has been officially rescinded.

The 3-5-2 would be straight awesome for our team. Although I might place Ream in the middle (and move Gooch to RCB) so that he Ream could play some quality balls through the midfield.

DAMMIT

Just had a good rant towards you. Leaving it up. I feel since we have met and drank beers together I can do that now. Cheers!

Look how the 3-5-2 brings us together! E-HUG!!!!

And that's a quality rant, you gotta leave it up.

Yes. My judgment of how our USMNT will perform has been so off. Predicted struggling to make it out of the group and probably ending at the R16 and out at the QF at best last WC. Said we never do well at WCs in Europe so don't expect much in '06. I did get the Confed Cup wrong. Which I was happy to end up doing.

Really stuck your neck out on that one.

Back