• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Haha glad Forest pointed that out. I just don't have the venom in me tonight to attack that rant. Plus me and DV7 already hugged.

I'd like to know who else expected us to struggle to get out of the group with Algeria and Slovenia competing with us for 1 spot. (Everyone assumed England would cake walk thru it.)

I'd like to know who else expected us to struggle to get out of the group with Algeria and Slovenia competing with us for 1 spot. (Everyone assumed England would cake walk thru it.)

Are you kidding? Plenty of people had Slovenia going through, and most who didn't thought it would come down the US-Slovenia match. I don't know how that's any easier than the 'struggle' that was tying ENG/SLV and beating ALG.

Are you kidding? Plenty of people had Slovenia going through, and most who didn't thought it would come down the US-Slovenia match. I don't know how that's any easier than the 'struggle' that was tying ENG/SLV and beating ALG.

I wish Scout had a search function.

pretty sure nobody had Slovenia going through.

advancing shouldnt have been nearly as difficult as we made it.

pretty sure nobody had Slovenia going through.

advancing shouldnt have been nearly as difficult as we made it.

This.

We had a slightly better than mediocre WC. True, Edu's goal shouldn't have been ruled out. But we should have never been behind Slovenia 2-0 in the first place!

I love our fighting spirit like no other, but Jesus, we aren't good enough to keep recovering from starting matches dead.

Last world cup will always go down as the time Bradley started Ricardo Clark against Ghana in the round of 16. Gross.

This.

We had a slightly better than mediocre WC. True, Edu's goal shouldn't have been ruled out. But we should have never been behind Slovenia 2-0 in the first place!

I love our fighting spirit like no other, but Jesus, we aren't good enough to keep recovering from starting matches dead.

Neither should've Dempsey's.

By "plenty of people" I was referring to everyone, not just our posters. More often than not we're going to overestimate our chances. That's the point of being a fan.

USA #1

The worst part was watching Clark during the national anthem. The look of fear on his face told you he was gonna blow. Fortunately JJones came along so we don't need to worry about him making another roster.

I admit that he made two mistakes. Is two mistakes enough to crucify him?

For me starting Clark was unforgivable. No one with a clue about the USMNT would have done that...including Clark's mom...and maybe FissionDad or whatever the hell his name was.

Back