• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Starting Clark there was unforgivable. NOBODY else thought it was a good idea. It was a dreadful decision in a knockout game at a World Cup.

We want to be taken seriously as a football nation then we have to sack managers that cock it up like that. Simple. Bradley fucked up before the biggest match in his managerial career. He choked. Everyone knew once they saw the starting XI that he choked. Bob realized he choked before the 1st half was up.

That deserves the sack. You cannot make those mistakes at that level. You just can't.

Last edited:
But of course. Bob Bradley is past his expiration date as manager of the USMNT. He must go.

1st in 2007 Gold Cup
2nd in 2009 Confederations Cup
1st in 2010 World Cup Qualifying
1st in 2010 World Cup group C

Yeah I think I'd sign whatever coach was behind those numbers for another rotation. Just me though.

International managers have done better and moved on. What exactly is your point?

He cocked it up in the biggest match of his managerial career. Simple as that.

the only one of those thats actually impressive is the Confed Cup run and that tourney was an exhibition. the rest of that, i expect as being apart of CONCASHIT.

he fucked up the Ghana game. that seals it for me.

would've liked to see someone new come in with new ideas/tactics. but the USMNT isnt forward thinking like that.

International managers have done better and moved on. What exactly is your point?

He cocked it up in the biggest match of his managerial career. Simple as that.

What manager has statistically done better for us? Bar whoever was in charge in 1940.

sd3, I seriously wonder if you pay attention to how most nations rotate out their managers.
Fresh ideas are crucial at the international stage.

And winning the Gold Cup isn't ever impressive. EVER. It is the USA vs Mexico basically. Come on... Can we all stop pretending like this is some massive accomplishment?

What manager has done better for us? Bar whoever was in charge in 1940.

Arena, but he stayed on too long as well. Gets back to my argument that international sides need new ideas at the top on a pretty consistent basis.

Arena has a much better football mind than Bradley. It isn't even close, IMO.

sd3, I seriously wonder if you pay attention to how most nations rotate out their managers.
Fresh ideas are crucial at the international stage.

And winning the Gold Cup isn't ever impressive. EVER. It is the USA vs Mexico basically. Come on... Can we all stop pretending like this is some massive accomplishment?

I never said it was major. I listed it since we won the damn thing and it qualified us for the confed cup. I'm sorry it's not a big tourney but we still came in first, hard to do better than that.

And I've said it before. I was all for letting BB go IF we got Klinsman as the replacement. And he said no, because he was not guaranteed full control of the team, which makes me wonder about how much power Bob really has.

I want a killer Euro manager. Please, Sunil. Please make this happen. Bring someone in with cache. With ideas. Someone who will turn shit on its head and make our boys question why they can't/aren't among the world's best.

The game here has grown. We deserve a manager who can exploit it.

Arena, but he stayed on too long as well. Gets back to my argument that international sides need new ideas at the top on a pretty consistent basis.

Arena has a much better football mind than Bradley. It isn't even close, IMO.

Agreed. It's not like he's the greatest coach ever but I don't understand some of the dismissive attitudes towards his contributions. Far better coach than Bradley in my mind

Starting Clark there was unforgivable. NOBODY else thought it was a good idea. It was a dreadful decision in a knockout game at a World Cup.

We want to be taken seriously as a football nation then we have to sack managers that cock it up like. Simple. Bradley fucked up before the biggest match in his managerial career. He choked. Everyone knew once they saw the starting XI that he choked. Bob realized he choked before the 1st half was up.

That deserves the sack. You cannot make those mistakes at that level. You just can't.

Me and my friends were literally yelling at starting Clark as soon as the lineups were announced. Retarded

Also retarded, BB's strategy of only trying to win in the second half

Well there has been a lot of WIN on this thread since I left.

I don't even have to say Bradley's name when I'm making an argument about why we need a new coach. Every national team should get a new coach for every cycle. It ensures that the manager's tactics and selection do not become stagnant.

Yeah I realize I'm alone on backing Bradley. Nothing we can do about it now so I'll support, though I think more should have been said by Klinsman about the "lack of full control". I'm so stoked for the upcoming Tampa and DC trips! Ohhhhhhhhhh USAAAAAA USA USA USAAAAAAAA

I'm not a big Bradley hater. I'm sort of indifferent to him...he's an ok coach.

1st in 2007 Gold Cup
2nd in 2009 Confederations Cup
1st in 2010 World Cup Qualifying
1st in 2010 World Cup group C

Yeah I think I'd sign whatever coach was behind those numbers for another rotation. Just me though.

The Champs and runners up from 2006 kept on their managers. How'd that work out for them?

Bradley is expired. He is a rotten egg. Thank him, buy him out, and pick a new guy.

I know we've had this conversation before, but Clark gets way too much shit for that goal. Yes, he probably should have done better, but Mike Bradley played a ball that led him into traffic in the middle of the field, Demerit wasn't able to cycle over to cover and didn't step to the ball at all, and Howard gave Boateng the entire near side of the goal. Straight up, that is a ball that Howard absolutely has to save every single time. So while Clark can be blamed, it's the easy way out to pin everything on him.

I'm not blaming Clark for that goal. I'm not blaming him at all, as he isn't a good player. I'm blaming Bob Bradley for starting his mediocre ass.

I've always put that goal in Clark. Granted I don't think I've seen it more than twice as I refuse to watch it so I don't really remember.

Back