• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has declined an invitation to give evidence about World Cup bidding allegations to a Parliamentary committee.

Blatter has told the MPs on the culture, media and sport committee that Fifa is focusing on their own investigation into claims of bribery.

The allegations that two Fifa executive committee members were paid $1.5 million to vote for Qatar 2022 were contained in a Sunday Times submission to the committee that was made public by members under parliamentary privilege.

A Fifa spokesman said: "Fifa has immediately asked both the Football Association and the Sunday Times for a report on this matter.

"With this in mind, Fifa has informed the culture, media and sport committee that it is focusing on its own investigation and that there is therefore no need for the Fifa president to attend the committee."

Fifa members Issa Hayatou of Cameroon and Jacques Anouma from the Ivory Coast have denied the claims, as have Qatar's World Cup bid team.

I don't think Bob Bradley was too pleased with Clark's role in that goal considering his removal from the game in the 1st half.

I don't think Bob Bradley was too pleased with Clark's role in that goal considering his removal from the game in the 1st half.

I think Bob has said numerous times that the sub was for the yellow card and not his play.

I think Bob has said numerous times that the sub was for the yellow card and not his play.

He is protecting his player. Managers don't sub off a guy 30 minutes into a match because of a yellow card.

Bob realized his enormous fuck up in starting Clark and made the switch.

Highlights of the 1998 World Cup for the USMNT:

Tumbleweed.jpg

Youtube needs to step up their game on the headers. Everyone knows that "Highlights from the USA's 2-0 Win vs. Mexico on..." isn't anywhere near descriptive enough for embedding. 2-0 is basically a given at this point!

Back