• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

wait....what?

barcastuff barcastuff
Barcelona youth director Amor says not all details have yet been completed for American player Ben Lederman (11) to join the academy. [nyt]

We are playing our 9th annual FIFA tourney at the moment. Been playing since 8am and stopped for the CL Final. 11 out of 13 rounds of group play have been played. Yeah were looking at a 4am finish here.

If it brings Bedoya or Chandler on I'm fine with it.

A) Being fine with a Nat player being injured is not cool. Unless it's Casey Conor.
B) Feilhaber is far better and more experienced than Bedoya, who I like as well.
C) Chandler is not coming. Bradley talked with him and his coach and it's not happening.
D) Bradley would likely play Kljestan or Rogers before anyone he decides to bring in now.
E) I love Benny.

I don't think I'll win this one. Prepared for two weeks using Cardiff City only to get here and a dick pick down from a 3 1/2 star premiership team to take Cardiff. Obviously so I couldn't get them. Got stuck with Nottenham Forest. Damn fighting Findleys

A) Being fine with a Nat player being injured is not cool. Unless it's Casey Conor.
B) Feilhaber is far better and more experienced than Bedoya, who I like as well.
C) Chandler is not coming. Bradley talked with him and his coach and it's not happening.
D) Bradley would likely play Kljestan or Rogers before anyone he decides to bring in now.
E) I love Benny.

A) come on you know I didn't mean I'm glad he's injured. I was strictly talking about names on the roster.

Yeah I said fail.

FWIW I'm sitting in 3rd right now. 6-2-2 with a +15 GD. Lost my derby match to my brother when he scored in the 3rd minute with Defoe. And lost to the guy sitting in last place. FML

We are playing our 9th annual FIFA tourney at the moment. Been playing since 8am and stopped for the CL Final. 11 out of 13 rounds of group play have been played. Yeah were looking at a 4am finish here.

jesus. no way in hell i could play FIFA that long.

what restrictions did yall have for picking teams.

We have reached the playoffs! I'm the 4th seed and like my draw in the bracket.

And to answer the question about restrictions. You are seeded by a combo of finish in the last tourney/ current form/ and game playing experience. Total newbies get 5 star teams. Returning sucky players get 4 1/2 star. Mediocre get 4. Good players that have never won get 3 1/2. Past champions get championship teams.

interesting setup.

auto or manual controls? i know some people are sticklers about that.

Final 4!

And the 8 seed defeated the 1 seed in my side of the bracket! I won 2-0 as the 4 seed over the 5. GAME ON

FINALS! won my semis match 3-1 over the 8 seed. Have to play either the 2 seed or my brother the 6 seed. GET BIG YOU HAIRY FIGHTING FINDLEYS

Back