• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I love how Warner is still dictating votes even tho he is "suspended." Completely farcical.

pkelso Paul Kelso
All happening. Chuck Blazer has reported Jack Warner for breaching his suspension, and Warner has told Concacaf to back Blatter.

:eek: Blazer wants the top spot in CONCACAF bad. Gloves are off.

I MAY, repeat, MAY have a ticket for sale for the Gold Cup Quarterfinals in DC on June 19th. We have 7 guys going but it looks like one is going to back out. He has already paid me for the ticket (face value of 60.00) so he's in a bad spot. I told him that I'd sale it for him but wouldn't put a price over 30.00 on it. He's letting me know for sure by tonight. If anyone has any intrest post that you do or send me a PM and I'll get it to you. Were 7 rows back on the midfield line in the standing section, so it's a great ticket for 30.00.

Our group is leaving Winston Saturday and staying in a hotel Saturday and Sunday night. Coming back on Monday.

Obviously those travel plans have nothing to do with the ticket. Totally optional to the buyer. They can do their own thing or hop right in with us to keep it on the cheap.

Anyone going to the US / Spain friendly at Foxboro Stadium this weekend?

Will anyone good be playing?

Ill bet 50.00 that Bin Hammann stepped aside from FIFA presidential race on promise that Qatar keeps 2022 World Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...dirty-tricks-in-race-for-Fifa-presidency.html

Bin Hammam withdrew his challenge to Fifa president Sepp Blatter early on Sunday, hours before he was suspended pending an investigation into bribery allegations.

His withdrawal means Blatter will stand unopposed in Wednesday's election, but came only after discussions between Bin Hammam and the Emir of Qatar, who backed the bid with huge financial and diplomatic resources.

Qatar’s World Cup bid has been the subject of repeated corruption allegations, all denied. With Bin Hammam himself the subject of allegations that he offered $1 million in bribes to Caribbean football officials, there was concern in Qatar that Blatter and the Fifa executive might use the threat of an investigation into the bid as leverage against Bin Hammam.

Sources in the Bin Hammam camp have told Telegraph Sport that he sacrificed his personal ambition “in the national interest”.

Bin Hammam agreed to step down, but only reluctantly as, according to close confidants, he is deeply angered by what he feels is a politically-motivated campaign of dirty tricks against him.

And there is more in the article. FIFA is disgusting.

From that article I just posted:

Blatter had hoped bin Hammam would withdraw following a meeting between the Fifa president and the Crown Prince of Qatar on May 12. When he did not, Blatter’s camp became increasingly concerned at the president’s prospects of winning a fourth term.

Don't FIFA get royally pissed when governments interfere with national associations in soccer? And now he went to a crown prince to get a man to step down from running against him? Fucking asshole.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...dirty-tricks-in-race-for-Fifa-presidency.html

Bin Hammam withdrew his challenge to Fifa president Sepp Blatter early on Sunday, hours before he was suspended pending an investigation into bribery allegations.

His withdrawal means Blatter will stand unopposed in Wednesday's election, but came only after discussions between Bin Hammam and the Emir of Qatar, who backed the bid with huge financial and diplomatic resources.

Qatar’s World Cup bid has been the subject of repeated corruption allegations, all denied. With Bin Hammam himself the subject of allegations that he offered $1 million in bribes to Caribbean football officials, there was concern in Qatar that Blatter and the Fifa executive might use the threat of an investigation into the bid as leverage against Bin Hammam.

Sources in the Bin Hammam camp have told Telegraph Sport that he sacrificed his personal ambition “in the national interest”.

Bin Hammam agreed to step down, but only reluctantly as, according to close confidants, he is deeply angered by what he feels is a politically-motivated campaign of dirty tricks against him.

And there is more in the article. FIFA is disgusting.

The WWL said adidas, Coca-Cola, and Emirates were upset with the shenanigans. But they all seem to be on board for Brazil 2014.

Blazer SACKED
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...leblowing-general-secretary-Chuck-Blazer.html

hahahhaha. I think I can see Warner's hand involved in this...

Not so fast...Blazer unsacked:

http://www.concacaf.com/page/ConfederationDetail/0,,12813~2369780,00.html

Today an unauthorized declaration was made by Lisle Austin attempting to remove Chuck Blazer as General Secretary of CONCACAF.

This attempted action was taken without any authority. Under the CONCACAF Statutes, jurisdiction over the General Secretary rests solely with the CONCACAF Executive Committee which has taken no action. Further a majority of the Executive Committee Members have advised Mr. Austin that he does not have the authority to take such action.

Chuck Blazer continues as CONCACAF General Secretary and with the full authority of his office. The Confederation continues its normal operations including the Gold Cup commencing on June 5th at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.

Apparently Blazer wasn't sacked? Lisles Austin TRIED to sack him but didn't have authority?

That just showed up on my google reader from Ives. Weird.

Back