• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

What is Ream supposed to do with the ball when the midfield is invisible?

Criticism of him is pretty harsh.

It's the actual defending part of the game that he's sucking at, especially today.

And here comes the real players, although I would've been fine stranding this bunch out there to take all their medicine and save those guys for Tuesday.

The US has been utterly gutless for years in terms of allowing Warner to dominate CONCACAF the way he has. Sunil is all too happy to just take it up the rear with a smile.

The US and Mexico are kind of stuck though. The two of us have vastly different needs, but all the CFU nations can bloc together and really do anything they want.

Not really. The US and Mexico have huge financial leverage over the rest of CONCACAF ... but there's a lack of will or brains to use it.

Did I just hear John Harkes say that having different players on the field impacts how the team is playing?

You also just heard him say the '11 Spain and Barcelona squads will be talked about for "many CENTURIES to come". Jesus...

Harkes talks about how Dempsey should play as an old "#9" and then goes on to describe the position of an old "#10".

God, he's just terrible.

Ok, Spain is playing great and I love Iniesta as much as anyone, but do the announcers really have to fellate every single thing Spain does, even when it's unsuccessful?

Bradley is easily one of our best three players.

There appears to be a rather wide gap between Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley, Howard....and the rest of the team. What's worse, only a small handful from the bottom group seem to have the potential to crack the top group.

"It's exhibition stuff now for Spain." Yes, Ian, it is. Because they are playing an exhibition.

I can't take it anymore.

There appears to be a rather wide gap between Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley, Howard....and the rest of the team. What's worse, only a small handful from the bottom group seem to have the potential to crack the top group.

Very true, and 3 of those 4 are, well, aging.

I think Holden could make a case to be included in that bunch if he could stay away from butchers on the field. Also, I think Cherundolo belongs on (the end of) that list, but he's also going to be dealing with the father time issue.

Back