• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

And seriously how have we not produced a single good defender in a decade? Boca, Demerit, Guch, and Trolo are fading into the sunset.

And seriously how have we not produced a single good defender in a decade? Boca, Demerit, Guch, and Trolo are fading into the sunset.

I thought it was hilarious when Ian Darke was searching for words when describing why Bornstein wasn't expected to play today.

When he started with "Bornstein will apparently not see the field today...due to...", I so wanted him to finish with "the fact that the coaching staff discovered last night that he's not good at soccer."

Fuck off Bradley. If you're gonna play the starters, play them the FIRST 45 so at least we can come out competitively. There's no point in playing them once we've got our ass kicked. This just wasted everyone's time and money.

Another masterpiece from ol bucket bob.

Also, why wasn't Adu in the lineup. This was the perfect game to get him in gear with.

I didn't watch the game.

I don't like John Harkes much as a person.

But why is it that no one seems to like ANY announcers in ANY sport.

There's a ton of good announcers. Darke is ok beside him. Harkes is just awful.

Fuck off Bradley. If you're gonna play the starters, play them the FIRST 45 so at least we can come out competitively. There's no point in playing them once we've got our ass kicked. This just wasted everyone's time and money.

Also, why wasn't Adu in the lineup. This was the perfect game to get him in gear with.

We better destroy Canada is all I have to say about his choices today

That was ugly. No big deal. We started a few players that won't touch the field in the GC. We will be alright. And I dont think you can take shots at Bob. He treated that game just like he should have. In the end I blame it on the USSF, stupid to schedule Spain when they did.

It could be that he's just that far behind everyone else. I don't think anyone here really has a good sense of how good or bad the Turkish second division is to know where he stacks up against the rest of our players at this point in time.

Bob Bradley, on Freddy Adu: “We felt this was a time for us to reassess where Freddy is in all of this. He didn’t get put on this roster, in all honesty, with the expectation that he was ready to come in and play a big role at this time. He has done a good job, he hasn’t been in a while. You can tell he has matured in different ways.”

Bob needs to GTFO if we don't win the Gold Cup. As said many times, national teams get stagnate if they have a coach for 2 cycles even if that coach is great. And Bob Bradley is not a great coach. Our squad is certainly approaching the stagnate zone

Sorry for bringing it up again, it just infuriates me every time I think about it that we kept him

Christ, Bob. There have to be other kids out there that are deserving of a call into camp. Mixx (one x? two xx?) obviously comes to mind.

Bob needs to GTFO if we don't win the Gold Cup. As said many times, national teams get stagnate if they have a coach for 2 cycles even if that coach is great. And Bob Bradley is not a great coach. Our squad is certainly approaching the stagnate zone

Sorry for bringing it up again, it just infuriates me every time I think about it that we kept him

I'm on board with this. I know Tuffalo is too.

The most frustrating part about today was how lazy our midfielders, Jozy, and even some defenders seemed about closing down space. It felt like visual evidence that either Bob is not telling them to press against a world class team like Spain, or they've just tuned him out. I have a hard time believing the first option.

Christ, Bob. There have to be other kids out there that are deserving of a call into camp. Mixx (one x? two xx?) obviously comes to mind.

Sasha being included over a guy like Mix is what brought the little mini rant above your post to my mind

Y'all really want his head because he played it safe vs Spain? I disagree, but maybe I'm alone. I'll agree that if we don't bring home the Gold Cup, then we have to consider moving on.

Back