• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

The Final will be at the Rose Bowl. If the US plays Mexico there I would guess that there will be more green in the stands than red, white and blue.

Sure, but the difference between a pro-US crowd and a pro-Mexico crowd is less than the difference between playing in LA and playing in Mexico City. It's our altitude, our climate, our food, and our team hotels.

Indeed it does. But until last night all of Chicharito's international goals were against sides not in CONCACAF. He has scored against Holland, France, Argentina and Spain. Kid is so ace.

Well that's fair. Scoring against El Sally though for a side like Mexico shouldn't be difficult. El Sally, Cuba, and Granada stand to get their shit rocked by just about everyone this Gold Cup.

That's true. We would be lucky to win 1 in 5 down at the Azteca. We would be unlucky to not win more than 1 at the Rose Bowl.

Mexico would be favorites if we faced this year, tho. At least IMO.

Also, Salcido's definitely a player. I would take him in a heartbeat on our side. He was always sex going forward for Fulham, and his defense was only shaky when he was semi-injured/recovering from injury. Once he got his fitness back, he was quite good.

Salcido would walk into our XI. There cannot be a debate against that.

Oh, and Moreno is the best CB of both nations combined as well. By some distance I would argue.

When we are deciding who to start between Gooch, Goodson and Boca... you know the situation is shit.

I was just trying to pick out the guys who play similar positions to the US players I listed. Essentially, I think if you made a starting 11 from the two teams 5 or 6 would be American. I like Salcido, but Cherundolo is a better player. The US would definitely take Salcido in a second to play on the left though.

Tuffalo hit on my point about playing in the US. Obviously at Azteca we'd probably drop 7 or 8 and draw 2 or 3. But that's a whole different situation.

Yo, tuff -- Your BOI! Marvin Martin now has a goal and an assist for France today in his first cap.

Marvin Martin again! 2 goals, 1 assist on his debut now.

That's the final. Subbed on in the 76th. Goals in 87th and 90th and assist in between. haha, impressive.

Last edited:
Back