• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If the conservatives are serious about saving the government money...

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Why didn't they follow the Senate's lead and pass a bill that would ensure Congress doesn't get paid in the event of a government shutdown?

Seems like something the Tea Party would agree with....

Why didn't they follow the Senate's lead and pass a bill that would ensure Congress doesn't get paid in the event of a government shutdown?

Seems like something the Tea Party would agree with....

I'm sure the vast majority do agree. It's the congressmen who probably don't.

Essential/excluded employees get paid after the fact, and since Congress is kinda essential in getting this done they should probably get paid too since they'll be working.* Although they probably could have done that after actually passing everything so I'm not scratching my ass wondering whats happening after Friday but whatever.

*Arguments about their pay or not accepting the pay to take a stance or it was their job in the first place or whatever are not taken into account with this statement

Red herring, clap clap, clap clap clap

I'm in favor of any political tactic that improves Bachman's chances of making the ticket in 2012.

Back