• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

Not a fan of Carter Brothers, Kepley's or Sweet Old Bill's?

Good call, haven't made it over to Bills yet. CBs and Keps is average at best, nothing that I go out of my way for. Country BBQ probably better than both of those if I'm ranking them

Certainly not your traditional BBQ place but I have a fondness for the pulled pork with voodoo sauce on Johnny Cake at Lucky 32.

I tried Sweet Lew's BBQ in Charlotte's rapidly gentrifying Belmont neighborhood a couple of weeks ago. Very good.

https://www.sweetlewsbbq.com/

So there is a Belmont neighborhood in addition to the actual Belmont? That's not confusing. That looks like Plaza Midwood to me. I get they are trying to be uberhipster by implying that Plaza Midwood isn't hipster enough for them, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to just call that Plaza Midwood.

So there is a Belmont neighborhood in addition to the actual Belmont? That's not confusing. That looks like Plaza Midwood to me. I get they are trying to be uberhipster by implying that Plaza Midwood isn't hipster enough for them, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to just call that Plaza Midwood.

P sure there is nothing that is 'uberhipster' in CLT.

They're not implying anything. It's actually Belmont and Belmont Avenue runs through the middle of it. It's more connected to Optimist Park than Plaza Midwood.

They're not implying anything. It's actually Belmont and Belmont Avenue runs through the middle of it. It's more connected to Optimist Park than Plaza Midwood.

Sure they are , if they weren't trying to latch on to the vibe of the neighborhood then the main title tagline of their website wouldn't proactively say "Belmont neighborhood", it would just have the actual address like pretty much every other restaurant website.

Monroe Road runs all through Charlotte and nobody is dumb enough to have a Monroe neighborhood, because there is an actual Town of Monroe a few miles away. The same logic would seemingly apply to Belmont as well, but apparently not.

Uh, you know why it's named Monroe Road, right ?

Probably the same reason Mt.Holly-Huntersville Road has its name. But again, nobody was dumb enough to then also have Mt. Holly and Huntersville neighborhoods within Charlotte.

So the Town of Belmont and the Belmont neighborhood began at around the same time. Not sure why this bothers you so much.

Also can't believe that today is the first timeyou 've heard of the Belmont neighborhood.

So the Town of Belmont and the Belmont neighborhood began at around the same time. Not sure why this bothers you so much.

Also can't believe that today is the first timeyou 've heard of the Belmont neighborhood.

If I've heard of it before today I probably assumed it was the Town of Belmont. Their loss, this is like South Carolina and their pathetic attempts to be called either USC or Carolina. Gotta know your role.

Yeah, tough to compete with the town of Belmont, NC.

This thrilling back and forth on the origins of CLT sub-munis is almost as exciting as an actual night out in CLT!

download-4-8.jpg

Certainly not as exciting as spending an hour in traffic to drive 5 miles from Buckhead to Midtown.

i'm not going through 13 pages but hope someone mentioned speedys

Back