• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

i'm not going through 13 pages but hope someone mentioned speedys

Speedy’s isn’t what it used to be, definitely legendary though. My parents live in Welcome and the new(ish) favorite in the Lexington area is Rick’s Smokehouse near RCR on old 52. It’s pretty damn good.

What's the consensus on Smoke in Charleston? It was a stop on a food tour we took recently and the missus and I were very impressed, especially with the wings and the Cuban slider.

Meh, they have decent wings, but it takes a back seat to Lewis, Hometeam and Rodney Scott. Smoke tried expanding to Mt. Pleasant, but their second location closed down in a year or so. I wasn’t that impressed with the meat, but the sides were good.

Meh, they have decent wings, but it takes a back seat to Lewis, Hometeam and Rodney Scott. Smoke tried expanding to Mt. Pleasant, but their second location closed down in a year or so. I wasn’t that impressed with the meat, but the sides were good.

Thanks for the info. Is Reverend Cornbread still around?

Cooper's BBQ, Raleigh.

$8.50 for bbq sandwich with slaw, fries and tea. :thumbsup:

He is. Very much involved in the Food and Wine festival this weekend.

We met him at Smoke during our food tour. He seemed like a great guy. The tour was actually extended by about 15 minutes when he insisted the group wait for a batch of his specialty to come out of the oven so we could sample it. My wife is not a particularly big cornbread fan but even she loved it.

Anyone have info that Wilber’s in Goldsboro has closed, wife saw post on Facebook but do not know how correct that would be?

Viva is awesome, but def not bbq. Fried yucca dipped in their yellow sauce all day.

Is it anything like Nando’s Peri Peri?

different thing. Nando's is grilled pieces of chicken in sort of a Portuguese/South African style (I can't remember which of those countries it's originally from). Peruvian chicken is rotisserie. Both great, and both things I miss from DC since the city was lousy with both of them.

Viva is awesome, but def not bbq. Fried yucca dipped in their yellow sauce all day.

Oh I knew it wasn't BBQ, but seemed like we had quite a few in the HP/GSO area commenting here and knew it was new. Overall, good food and two of the best "dipping sauces" I've ever had. The yellow and green sauces were just excellent. Overpriced for the chicken by 20% or so and a local bottled beer will run you 5.00, but overall a good eat. Might be a once or twice a year thing for me

different thing. Nando's is grilled pieces of chicken in sort of a Portuguese/South African style (I can't remember which of those countries it's originally from). Peruvian chicken is rotisserie. Both great, and both things I miss from DC since the city was lousy with both of them.

Nando's is one of my favorite places on earth, and it's Portuguese, I don't know why I was thinking Peruvian.

Back